Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
    ..someone posted that these models work with Reforged skins.
    Here is a link to the older solider .mdl by Capnbubs, which is compatible with the Reforged skin. That should address the misaligned textures on the model.
    Last edited by DeadTenor; 05-01-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• OK, hope Reforged will be re-released for these models, after (hopefully) they cover ALL models...
      Thanks, anyway...
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• yeah that ogre's looking seriously LEGIT right now. From a personal asthetic point of view, i always imagined his head to have sharper corners BUT that's just how my imagination filled in the gaps. Do your own thing and keep doing it! I love it!

Comment

• LOL! ..and y'all laughed at my Ranger

What FOV are you using, 10? Everything is stretched horribly in the Y direction. You can really tell by the ground.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• @MadGypsy
            it's 110. I just noticed it myself.... never noticed it in game ...
            MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• oh I had it backwards... try 90. The slipgate complex isn't supposed to be half of a mile away

Comment

• @Mad Gypsy

Comment

• 120 or bust!

Comment

• Anyone else get tense when it feels like something that you really want has been abandoned? I'm sure bubs is taking a break or maybe just working away but... I get kind of cold feet thinking he's just moved on

Comment

• im just happy we have a new player model
                      but im sure he is still working on monster models etc
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Hi, I'm just taking a break from this for a bit because I didn't want to get burned out working on it too much.

No need to fret I'm still intent on finishing all the monsters!

Comment

• I can totally relate to that, it's easy to underestimate how much work it is to recreate low poly models. I'dd say it's more hard than doing stuff from scratch since there's a lot to live up to and a lot of tweaking required to keep the feeling of the originals.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                            Hi, I'm just taking a break from this for a bit because I didn't want to get burned out working on it too much.

No need to fret I'm still intent on finishing all the monsters!
                            Well, you do not forget about us.
                            If you create all monstes ...................................... all I do for them skins, with your help, including normals (bump) maping .................................... .................................................. I work with the Unreal engine (2.5\ 3)right now...

I want to show my children that I played in their father, but in a new dimension
                            I'm sorry for my English. I use the Google translator....

Comment

• Так шо мутите модели которые я буду рендерить ))))
                              то шо вы на протяжении 10 лет не можете вооплатить в жизнь высоко-полиогональные модели................ слава богу шо вы замутили за 10 лет текстуры для карт....................
                              it is not translated and is intended for Russian and Ukrainian
                              Last edited by soosel; 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Каждый может использовать тайные декодер, чтобы выяснить, что вы сказали.

google translated
                                Originally posted by Soosel
                                So sho mutite model that I will render
                                then you sho for 10 years can not vooplatit life in high-poliogonalnye model sho thank God you have stirred for 10 years for texture maps
                                I actually still don't really know what that says...something about waiting ten years for texture maps cause high poly isn't available, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X