No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't change much about quake, but I prefer the gun animations in Doom. The doom shotguns in particular are much better than the quake ones, and the single barrel shotty in quake has the single worst sound effect of any gun ever. I can make better gun noises with my mouth/voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
      the problem is... if nothing new is added, then why have a remake in the first place?
      To fix the problems in the original.

Sometimes, to fix problems it's impossible to just modify the original code and/or content, so we have to remake it entirely... but keeping it as close to the original as possible.

Which is what Capnbubs is making with these models.
      Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
      ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post

E1M1 in CryEngine 3
        That's insane
        Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Just reporting in to say that I'm not gone and I still intend to finish this project when I have the time.

I'm currently spending all my time working on my own personal game project, you can try a really early build at this LINK. It requires the Unity Webplayer to run.

Comment

• I didn't want to shoot the puppies : (
            But when I finally did, I wanted the puppies to explode into bloody chunks of fur

Very nice though. The artwork is quite good.
            Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• I like your project, bro. I've been playing these metroid type games a lot lately.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                Just reporting in to say that I'm not gone and I still intend to finish this project when I have the time.

I'm currently spending all my time working on my own personal game project, you can try a really early build at this LINK. It requires the Unity Webplayer to run.
                Nice project, I was worried that you may have disappeared off the face of the earth but I see now that you're plagued with having too much talent. It's hard to focus on one thing when you have so many ideas that you want to get done.

Comment

• Very cool, man. Also, ASS POCKETS.

Comment

• ok maybe after 5 beers, but

how do i use the arrow keys to navigate, S and D and mouse1 to fire

am i the only one here with two hands?

Though in the 1st 30 seconds of seeing this, it does look very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

i just can jump over that initial step with a beer in my hand...

OH D = fire lol
                    nvmd i found a beer coaster!

playing brbr
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• I really love your work. I usually dislike hi-poly monsters because I feel they clash with style of the rest of the levels. This ones seems great, I am looking forward the Ogre and the Shambler!
                      Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Is this dead?

Comment

• Author got other stuff on his plate.
                          It happens.

Comment

• Don't worry about it, Quakers tend to take their sweet time with stuff. I didn't expect the Ogre to take so long to do, I thought he'd get bored doing making the Scrags

Comment

• Originally posted by FifthElephant
                              I can make better gun noises with my mouth/voice.
                              I've done that.
                              I used to mimic the sounds from Quake all the time when I was a kid. Somewhere I have a folder chock full of me mimicing Quake's most classic sound effects with my voice over a cheap plastic microphone. That's what I get for playing Quake since the age of six.

It was about the time I was wrapping up my longer posts with capnbubs here that the thread started to get derailed...
                              I suppose I started that one so sorry you guys.

Hey, capnbubs, I'm wondering what you're going to do with the less humanoid models (shalrath, shambler, fiend, scrag, spawn etc. as opposed to soldier, enforcer, knight, hellknight, zombie, etc. ) considering that they have far more Feral than Anthropomorphic proportions but don't directly resemble any Earthly creatures either.
                              Are you going to give them more bestial aspects and make them further differentiated, even less humanoid in form, than they were in the original Quake?
                              Looking forward to your continuing work on this.
                              I'm interested in having the source to the models AND the skins so I can cross-bake custom skins on to the new texture bases but also maybe see if I can't further customize some of my favorites in my spare time.

Comment

• It makes me sad to think this project has been abandoned.

I guess the most important models were done, the player model and the broke as hell dog model. But I'd love to have seen the others updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X