No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i use the player one that gos with the old skin stile all the time!

Comment

• After using Darkplaces with gigabytes of upgraded effects, highres textures and all that shiny stuff, I have decided to go back to the basic Quake visuals for a change, and there are only a few things I would want to use as enhancements then:

1) VISed maps (transparent water)
      2) LIT files (colored lighting)
      3) Orion's debugged HUD weapon models
      4) These models

These three new models are really great improvements and don't destroy the look & feel of the original Quake visuals. The only problem I have with them is that there should be more. Dogs and grunts only show up in the first levels of each episode, and after that it's back to the low-poly monsters. Really hope the author is finding time and courage to continue his awesome work on this one day.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Sorry I've been gone for so long, had a lot on my plate.

Happy new year everybody!

Comment

• Very nice!!
          Please tell me that model uses the same texture!

Comment

• Yes but I will be replacing it. I'll include both an original version and an updated authentic texture version for all models in future.

Comment

• Anyway....

Outstanding work capnbubs!

EDIT:
              Happy new year too

Comment

• woah, you're alive
                good to see you're back and working on improving the original models again!

ogre is looking good! love that you added teeth to the model
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  woah, you're alive
                  good to see you're back and working on improving the original models again!

ogre is looking good! love that you added teeth to the model
                  Thanks! Yea I've just been busy with other things and haven't had the inspiration to work on this for a while.

Glad you like the teeth! He has a wobbly belly too.

Comment

• really like the attention to little details like that that you have capnbubs

wobbly belly looks nice and fits well for the chubby ogre, it feels like it belongs

just like all the other updated models that you made and the lil details you added to it really feel like they belong in quake
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Just finished the walk cycle.

Comment

just like all the other updated models that you made and the lil details you added to it really feel like they belong in quake
                        That's really the best encouragement that you can give!

Comment

• walk-cycle looks good, but perhaps you can make his head wobble a bit less?
                          kinda makes it look like his head is really heavy or something

cant wait to see this guy in-game, its looking great

and i also cant wait to see more baddies improved by you

Comment

walk-cycle looks good, but perhaps you can make his head wobble a bit less?
                            kinda makes it look like his head is really heavy or something

cant wait to see this guy in-game, its looking great
                            Ah I see what you mean, my intent was that he is kind of lazy and making an exaggerated effort at pulling the chainsaw. I always thought of the ogres as big slobbish angry creatures.

Comment

• I lurk around in this thread every once in a while to see if it's still active-- I am glad to see it paid off! Fantastic work!
                              I would just like to add that a version that's compatible with the old skin/reforged would be super, if that's possible.
                              Thanks capnbubs.

Comment

• I'm so happy to see you still working on these Capn! It's one of my favorite graphical upgrades to Q1 ever. Keeping in tune with the original vibe, while putting to use all the 3d lessons we've learned since 1996. You got a captive audience in me, my friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X