No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiffys shambler fits in perfectly with this pack, good call. Does anyone know if he has the source files? Cap'n bubs provided the blend files for his models, It would be great if the shambler came with source files as well (especially if they are rigged and animated)
    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• skiffy mentioned in his own thread he might make an md3 version for darkplaces
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post163819
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hey guys

Had to actually make a new account cause I damned well forgot which email, account and password I had here, it's been so long. Anyway, the reason I'm posting is to ask how the heck do you get this pack to work with DarkPlaces? This is literally the only pack of monster replacement textures worth using imho, but I just can't seem to get it to work by just, say, putting it into my id1 folder and renaming it pak2.pak. Is there something really obvious I am missing or does this just not want to work with DP?

Comment

• It should actually work with any port. It's just replacing the original models.

You have to make sure that the .pak files go into the correct folders (id1 and rogue, but if you leave the zipfile structure intact, you just have to unzip to your Quake folder).
          Then rename pakz.pak in id1 to pak2.pak (provided there is no other file with that name already) and pakz.pak in rogue to pak1.pak.

It should really work after that. Unless you have other model replacements loaded which override these maybe.

In the meantime, the file is uploaded to Quaketastic, link above has been updated.
          Authentic Models Pack
          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Yeah, it really should but it doesn't for me for some reason, which is totally crap cause these models are imho the only worthy replacements for the originals since 1996 :/ I do have custom models but not for monsters, dunno.. will try a complete reinstall or something.

Comment

• It shouldn't be necessary normally, but I have created a version with PK3 files instead of PAK. This one has the advantage of not requiring you to rename any files, but it will not work with every port out there. DarkPlaces should be fine, though.

Authentic Model Pack PK3 edition v1.2 (580 KB)

Hopefully, this one will work for you.
              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Thanks for the effort man, I really appreciate it. But this is uncanny, literally every other model I use works, whereas no version of this mod works for me, even if I delete every other file in the id1 folder but the original game's paks. I have to investigate this further, though I do get the feeling I'm the only person ever who is encountering this issue. Perhaps it's the newest version of DarkPlaces that I'm using currently that's being problematic? Hm. What engine do you guys use?
                Last edited by Nexarath; 02-15-2016, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• I am using Baker's Fitzquake Mark V since I am a convinced fan of vanilla graphics and gameplay. Baker is still applying updates to his port. You can find new builds over in his thread over at the Func_Msgboard.

The latest build for Windows should be this one from Feb 8, 2016.

Otherwise, just keep watching that thread for new builds posted by Baker occasionally.

*EDIT*
                  Crap, I just noticed that v1.2 actually had the wrong files inside the PAK... Here's a hotfix:

Authentic Model Pack v1.2a (1.2 MB)

Seems I mixed it with a custom PAK containing some alternate models from various addons which I was using for my own purposes. This way, only the Shambler was included, but none of the other models from earlier releases. Version 1.2a should work properly. Sorry for the mess, guys!

@Nexarath:
                  That should also be the explanation for your problem. Thanks for helping me to get to the bottom of this!
                  Last edited by NightFright; 02-16-2016, 09:11 AM.
                  Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Heh, yeah, was just about to report that the non pk3 version works just fine in Fitz Glad I'm not crazy after all, everything works as expected now, thanks for that man!

Comment

• It works for me now, too. Thanks for the fix (and the pack) NightFright.
                      Also worth mentionig, ArrrCee should update the front page considering this fix.

Comment

• Seems that the link on the front page has been updated, so this has been taken care of. ^^ I will also remove the PK3 version again from my Mega share since it's not needed, the .pak release will work for any port.

Unfortunately, I am unable to delete files from Quaketastic after upload. My previous commit (v1.2) really shouldn't stay, especially since it doesn't contain what it's supposed to and has stuff in there for which the people who made it haven't been credited in the readme file.

*UPDATE / March 2, 2016*
                        Version 1.3 of the Authentic Model Improvement Pack is available. I have included some improved items besides the monsters which are currently available. These are mostly coming from existing addons involving the modelling talents of ijed and sock, namely
                        - "Rubicon Rumble Pack" (health/ammo boxes)
                        - "Retro Jam 1+2" (backpack, projectiles, Quad, pentagram, keys) and
                        - "Arcane Dimensions" (armor, flames)

ijed's ammo/health boxes from RRP had to be realigned since the models were centered while the ID1 versions had their origin in one of the corners. Additionally, I have created lava nail/multi-rocket boxes for DoE/MP2 (based on ijed's boxes with Rogue skins).

Changelog v1.2 --> v1.3:
                        - Added: [ID1] Ammo/health boxes by ijed (from "Rubicon Rumble Pack", with corrected lighting/alignments)
                        - Added: [ID1] Items/flames/projectiles/zombie gibs by sock (from "RetroJam1" and "Arcane Dimensions")
                        - Added: [DoE] Lava nail/multi-rocket boxes by NightFright (based on nail/rocket ammo models by ijed)

Previews:

ijed's Ammo/health boxes (realigned for ID1 folder usage)

Lava nails and multi-rocket ammo boxes (based on ijed's models)
                        Last edited by NightFright; 03-02-2016, 03:02 AM.
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• nightfright, you should totally update the 'Authentic Model Improvement Pack'
                          to include Dwere's reworked weapon-models: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...a-werecat.html

and maybe ill make a hipnotic prox-launcher and make versions of them for rogue

btw didnt know about those improved ammo- and health-boxes by Ijed
                          i love em, their improvements are very subtle but add a lot
                          Last edited by talisa; 09-28-2016, 01:43 PM.
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• i took it upon me to create a version of dwere's GL for hipnotic's prox-launcher,
                            as well as making versions of all v_weps for all of rogue's multi-weapons:

plasma-gun i couldnt get exactly the same cuz of dwere's UV-mapping.
                            frankly i think it looks awesome this way though & you only see it if you use a fov of 110 or higher

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl27esrzsg...20-MP.zip?dl=0

afraid i dont have experience with mdl and lack the know-how to actually embed the textures into the MDLs,
                            so in my zip i included the textures and the renamed models (which are usable as-is DP by just dropping the files into progs folder)

if someone who can work with MDLs could embed the textures into the models
                            they could be added to the 'Authentic Model Improvement Pack'
                            Last edited by talisa; 09-28-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I love both of these mods and have them in my Quakespasm build. Definitely keeping an eye on these, keep up the fantastic work!
                              Soundtracks and Instrumentals
                              MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

• figured out how to embed the skins into the models themselves

pointed out it that it was a few simple clicks with QME

here's updated zip with the MDLs which have their embedded skin replaced
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu7gn3juv0...%20v2.zip?dl=0

this version doesnt rely on using external skins & can be used with ANY engine
                                Last edited by talisa; 09-30-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X