No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, apparently sock is more active than capnbubs, so hopefully something will happen! I'll try to get a new version together soon, with much less models missing than before.

*EDIT*
    For now, I guess sock's version of the ogre does not help, even with edits, since it's using animations that deviate from the ID1 version quite a bit.
    Last edited by NightFright; 03-19-2018, 07:42 AM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• A new version is available!

Download Authentic Models Improvement Pack v1.7 (5.1 MB)

Changelog:
      > Added: [ID1] Chthon by Chillo
      > Added: [ID1] Enforcer by Chillo
      > Added: [ID1] Grunt head gibs by Chillo
      > Added: [ID1] Ogre by Chillo (with osj's skin edit; head gibs by sock from "Arcane Dimensions")
      > Added: [ID1] Scrag by Chillo
      > Added: [ID1] Teleport Sphere by Chillo
      > Added: [ID1] Vore (original ID1 model) with idle animation by Seven
      > Added: [ID1] Zombie by Chillo (skin edits by NightFright)
      > Added: [ROG] Multi-Grenade Ogre by Chillo (with osj's skin edit; head gibs by sock from "Arcane Dimensions")
      > Update: [ID1] Bloodshot's Fiend model with original ID1 skin (no glowing eyes)

Notes:
      > Chillo's head gibs for the Ogre deviated too much from the original model, so I used sock's version from AD which stays close to the ID1 model.
      > Chillo's zombie was not bloody enough, so I added at least a bit of dripping blood at the bottom of the mouth, just like in the ID1 model. The gibbed head did not have any blood at all, changed that.
      > I decided to undo the glowing eyes on the new Fiend model after all and go for the original ID1 skin without any edits.

Important:
      If you use Fitzquake Mark V, you need to know that any build higher than 1.27 rev. B (i.e. 1.28 and higher) crashes with the Ogre and Fiend models. Baker has been notified and promised to fix the issue asap.
      Last edited by NightFright; 03-19-2018, 01:01 PM.
      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Happy to see an update! Love this mod. The Ogre animation is going to need getting used to but I'm really digging it, something new yet still faithful.
        Soundtracks and Instrumentals
        MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

• I would have preferred models that use the original skins, but Chillo's remakes are as good as it can possibly get right now.

While I had high hopes to get at least sock's AD ogre, I quickly realized the model has completely different animations, disqualifying it from being used in this project - at least in this form.

Should we get better ones later, they can be replaced. Some may be keepers, though. Chthon, Scrag and the Enforcer are awesome.
          Last edited by NightFright; 03-20-2018, 12:13 AM.
          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• well, nightfright gotta say that that ogre head is indeed a much better match than chillo's own one designed for his ogre model. lols! how is that even possible eh? plus, as you say its a much better match for the original...

on that train of thought the arcane dimensions grunt head (sock's work again?) is a much better match for capnbubs' soldier model than the chillo one in my opinion. just food for thought... http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/803...67fcxjshzg.jpg

I too love the chillo chthon scrag and enforcer. however the enforcer that bloodshot is (was?) working on for quake 1.5 looks to be an even better match for capnbubs' work. (it uses the bottom half of the grunt If I'm not mistaken)

I was looking at all the available models of this ilk recently and I was thinking about the hellknight. I realised that that model is actually pretty good res as it is. makes me wonder if it was one of Id's later designs on the project. its almost as if this project is working to get the Id1 models are up to the standard of that particular model. does that make sense?

now the spawn I could take or leave and the fish is fine mow its fixed but if only we could get a good vore and shubbie eh?
            Last edited by osjclatchford; 03-23-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• I'll take a look at the grunt head. Right now my bigger concern is that I cannot use this pack with recent Mark V builds. Anyway, it's up to Baker to make it work again.

It's regrettable that we have to puzzle together a more complete pack with the work of different authors instead of a single one, but with capnbubs MIA it's the best we can do right now.
              Last edited by NightFright; 03-24-2018, 02:04 AM.
              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• A new version is available!

Download Authentic Models Improvement Pack v1.71 (5.1 MB)

Changelog:
                > Update: [ID1] Quad Damage by Chillo
                > Update: [ID1] Grunt head gibs by sock (from "Arcane Dimensions")

I was a bit hesitant at first to add Chillo's quad right away, which is why it wasn't included in v1.7 already. Some of you may like the edgy design instead of the perfectly curved remake, but since Chillo used very faithful texturing, after a while I realized it's a worthy addition to the pack after all. It's not like the ogre and zombie are 100% faithful right now, for example. But they work nicely, anyway.
                Last edited by NightFright; 03-26-2018, 04:47 AM.
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• I think I may like the previous Quad Damage better overall. However, I do like the way this Quad looks like a proper nail all the way around instead of being flat in the front and back.

Anyone have any recommendations of other "authentic" and faithful visual mods that can compliment this? Can even be for DarkPlaces.
                  MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

• And another (rather surprising) update!

Lunaran has updated his knight model - to be more precise, the head gibs of the knight which was missing the blood trail flag. Better late than never, I guess!

Authentic Models Improvement Pack v1.72 (5.1 MB)

Changelog:
                    > Update: [ID1] [ROG] Fix for missing blood trail flag for Lunaran's knight head (h_knight.mdl)

*EDIT March 28*
                    Lunaran has updated the head gibs once again due to glitched UV mapping. Please download again in case you have done so already (link refreshed).
                    Last edited by NightFright; 03-28-2018, 02:38 AM.
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Bloodshot just sent me his Enforcer and Shambler models. Now a decision is needed whether we keep the remakes already done by Chillo and skiffy or we replace them.

Check the comparison here

My personal opinion:
                      While Bloodshot's versions are great and very faithful to the originals, they don't add much except for rounder shapes and a few details. Especially with the Shambler, the changes are hard to spot, also since original texture is used. skiffy did a great job preserving the character of the model while considerably "reshaping" and adding more texture detail at the same time.
                      As for the Enforcer, I think Chillo nailed it. The model is as bulky as the original while Bloodshot's seems a bit slimmer and the shoulder pads bigger.

If it was up to me, I'd say we actually stick to the versions we already have in the pack (Enforcer by Chillo and Shambler by skiffy). What do you guys think?
                      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• shambler: definitely skiffy's model
                        imo both bloodshot's & chillo's models update to little

enforcer: i agree chillo totally nailed the enforcer's design with his model.
                        faithfull to original yet updated, with a better-looking backpack & gun and a more detailed helmet
                        Last edited by talisa; 04-03-2018, 08:00 AM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Aye, keep the ones we have. Bloodshot's version are nice, though. Maybe have alternate downloads? But for the main pack, I say keep the ones we have.
                          MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

• Just looked at that comparison shot..whats up with the bloodshot enforcer? The skin looks all funted up and misaligned somehow? It did not look like that in his preview shot of it in the quake 1.5 what's causing that says I? If that's how it looks then I'd say the chillo one. Also the skiffy shambler is the only choice as far as I can see...

Comment

• What I miss in Bloodshot's Enforcer is the bulkiness of the original. The poor guy looks as if he was put in a suit that didn't fit him, and on top of that, he did a serious diet... xD The legs seem too thin, too. Maybe Bloodshot can work on that.

As an idea: I could put Bloodshot's two models into a separate pak for the next release. If you want to keep the current models, you just delete the new pak and it's back to the way it used to be.

One model I'd still like to see updated now is the Vore. And ofc capnbubs' Ogre, I will never give up on that one...

Thanks for your input, folks! When it's about replacing existing replacements, it's always a good idea to get more opinions. Even if they just confirm your own ideas. It's supposed to be appreciated and approved by everyone after all.
                              Last edited by NightFright; 04-03-2018, 01:22 PM.
                              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                                Right now my bigger concern is that I cannot use this pack with recent Mark V builds. Anyway, it's up to Baker to make it work again.
                                It'll happen. I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment, but it is important to me to get this to work.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X