No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillo publishes all his work on the Quaddicted file server. Admittedly, this is not a very user-friendly method and prevents many people from actually finding and using these models. Gladly, we are tapping into his resources and make them more available with this project.

As mentioned above, R2M4 "Curse of Osiris" is the mummy map. I am playing the addons on a regular basis (like 1x per year or so), and I also take promo screenshots for the ModDB release, so...

No clue why Rogue didn't just add a second skin to the mummy instead of cloning the zombie model. Maybe we'll never know, but it reduces the remodelling effort significantly, at least...

And I wouldn't say the spambots are under control in this forum. Far from it, actually.
    Last edited by NightFright; 01-31-2021, 12:56 PM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Try this.
      shalrath_chillo_mod.zip

Comment

• @Tea Monster:
        That's great, but you based your edits on the unedited Vore. We are using a version by now which has the horns removed, which is far more authentic. I have uploaded the latest Vore version here (it isn't even in the official release yet).
        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• well, regardless of it being the right one or not, Ive taken the model above, removed the horns and put my skin on it...
          https://www.mediafire.com/file/81mxl...Trath.zip/file

It is slightly different to the 'current' one in other factors than horns and titties but yeah.
          if wanted its here anyway...

*edit*
          shit, just noticed the models walk anims are broken in game... nevermind...

*edit2*
          Just fixed that. this model works now.
          Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-01-2021, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• am i the only one that actually likes the breasts and horns of chillo's original shalrath?

i like the breasts cuz it distinguishes the vore from the rest and having more-clearly-female monsters is never a bad thing,
            and it also fits with the whole thing from arcane dimensions and the shalrath laying eggs, and the vore-lings from quoth as well

and i personally kinda like the horns cuz it makes the shalrath look a tad more demonic-ish and makes the model as a whole look a tad less bland
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• yeah, thats all groovy and all that. its good to have choices. but as far as this project goes its a no no. autenticity or bust. (pun-intended!)

*edit*
              I fixed the vore I posted two posts ago: https://www.mediafire.com/file/81mxl...Trath.zip/file
              the walk cycle is not busted now...
              Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-01-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• Cool, that's a lot better! Now we are just missing the idle animation from Seven's id1 model edit (even though it wasn't even on the original model, but when you fly around with notarget on, it really looks a bit weird when the Vore is standing around totally frozen).

Updated to-do list

talisa
                I know that Chillo's Vore deviations are interesting, but in a project where we try to get as close to the original models as possible, we have to be kinda strict. Anybody is free to use Chillo's unedited replacement if they prefer it, but the male/hornless version is the one we have to include.
                Last edited by NightFright; 02-01-2021, 03:41 AM.
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                  Cool, that's a lot better! Now we are just missing the idle animation from Seven's id1 model edit (even though it wasn't even on the original model, but when you fly around with notarget on, it really looks a bit weird when the Vore is standing around totally frozen).
                  its true, sevens idle anims are a nice addition that adds life to the model.
                  but considering this is only going to happen 'naturally' with the ring of shadows on, and it is 'technically' authentic for it to be static in idle (the id1 model not having said anims and-all) if such new anims are not forthcoming perhaps this will do?

Comment

• Well, I had included Seven's model before as a placeholder (similar to the fixed Rotfish), so if TM is able to add the animation anyway, we can consider it a "vanilla-ish" enhancement, similar to the shotgun recoil. The model itself can be considered complete as of now; idle frames are falling in the category "optional, but nice to have".
                    Last edited by NightFright; 02-01-2021, 04:19 AM.
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• oh, dont get me wrong. i'd love to see it too...

it would indeed be a suitable addition. no doubt.
                      As you say, its exactly in the same status as the added shotgun recoil: not 100% true to vanilla but, too good not to have and it doesn't 'break-the-bank' as far as authenticity goes.

so,

you're up TM!
                      Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-01-2021, 04:27 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

• BTW, found a way to test player model ingame. Just type chase_active 1 in console to enter a third-person view. Like this, you can also see how the player model switches from our capnbubs replacement back to the old one in SoA when selecting the Mjolnir (when it jumps from player.mdl to playham.mdl).
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• thats a handy cmdline!
                          thanks. perfect for confirming that my eyes.mdl is working ok:

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2d...b9ny2ts2zg.jpg

here is a crude animation showing the ring active and inactive in e3m6...

Comment

• It's actually so cool I turned it into a hotkey. If you put this into your autoexec.cfg, you can toggle it on and off by pressing "c":

Code:
                            alias chasecam "chase_active 1; echo Chase Cam ON; bind c chaseoff"
                            alias chaseoff "chase_active 0; echo Chase Cam OFF; bind c chasecam"
                            bind c "chasecam"
                            There are more modifiers for this command which lets you influence camera angle, btw:
                            - chase_back <value>
                            - chase_right <value>
                            - chase_up <value>

You can also simulate right-handed weapons with these values in autoexec.cfg (or entered via console):
                            scr_ofsy -7
                            scr_ofsz -1
                            Last edited by NightFright; 02-01-2021, 07:36 AM.
                            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Talisa - I liked the Vore having bewbs. It fits in with it's higher pitched cry and as you said, it fits in with the lore.
                              But as NightFright said, it doesn't fit into this project. Also, NightFright, those console commands are a godsend.
                              Unless I dive into how to animate vertice by vertice with QME, I'd have to re-rig and then re-animate the whole thing to get the idle animation in. Not beyond the realms of possibility, but I have a few other things on at the minute.
                              How authentic does the Vore have to be?
                              I've got Blender 2.49 working on my system, so there may be a pipeline to export BSP files. I'll try one out in the next day or so.

Comment

• Well, to be honest, after osj is done with it, I am not sure what can be improved. It has these two beard thingies to the left and right of its lower chin, dunno if Chillo copied that. Otherwise, it's the 9 frames with a minor breathing animation. If you want to see how Seven did it with the id1 model, you can check it out here.

Will do a side-by-side comparison of the id1 and Chillo Vore tomorrow, but I am pretty confident the additional idle frames is all that can be improved here.

I can imagine the chase cam will be especially helpful with playham.mdl. It seems to be very similar to the axe swinging animation, but it's possible there are deviations. You can nicely switch back and forth between axe and hammer to see if there are deviations.
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X