No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the Ogre, what problems were you having with the animation?

Comment

• well, the one I gave you to rig has a jumpy-assed limpy walk cycle... the one from bloodshot does not but has jello-skin vertex-wobbling...
      to make the ogre playable really we need the skin integrity of the one I sent you (based ont he original sock model) but with better walk anims...

Comment

• The latest "candidate" would also need a smaller head iirc.
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Chillo got back to me and he explained that he has moved over mostly to voxels and he isn't able to lay hands on the source files for his Quake models. I thanked him for getting back in touch.

Comment

• Makes sense considering he is only posting images of voxels on Twitter since months. Guess we'll have to write Chillo off for anything Quake-related from now on. A pity, but he did quite a lot after all, anyway.
            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• yeah I suspected no less would be the result. but as you say, we got what we got and that is far from nothing.

as for the ogre.
              its funny but I've only just loaded up quakespasm today after a little leave of absence from it and I found that 'new' ogre (based on the quake1.5/ad one) to be abbhorrant to me now!
              Ive actually gone back to the chillo one we've been using up till now...
              I think, in the end, I just prefer the characterisation of the animations that it has.
              quake is all about atmosphere and I think the chillo one has that in droves, espescially the idle/prowl animations...

yeah the model has some bugs (neck etc...) and yeah the ad one is technically a better match model-wise but it just seems a little too cartoony and less menacing to my eyes now.
              still its a great model to be used as mon_ogre.mdl when playing ad, this way all of the ogres in arcane dimensions will match...

anyway... funny what a break can do to your opinion of things, is what I guess I'm saying...
              Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-26-2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Yepp, sometimes it's better to not add anything right away. TBH I doubted that AD ogre could ever be good enough to rival the Chillo edit which took a lot of effort to get it where it is now.
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Yeah, thats true. It'd be a damn shame for all my work on the skin to go to waste.
                  so for me, Im gonna be using that one long-term, methinks.
                  as I say, I will still use the ad one in ad as the regular ogre...
                  would still like to see whatever tm manages to cook up though. altermatives and choices are never a bad thing...

Comment

• Someone reported a problem with the anti-grav belt in R2M8 when using vkQuake. Apparently it's about skin size since the error is about the skin being taller than 480 pixels.

Since it works in Quakespasm, I consider this to be port-related and recommended to open an issue about this in the vkQuake Github.
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Ok, change of plans.

Looks like 480 pixels is max skin size in Quakespasm, too. This only works in QSS, which I am using, so I couldn't confirm this issue.

Therefore we need to downsize that anti-grav belt skin size after all. Otherwise anyone not using QSS will not be able to load this pack with DoE. Ideal would be shrinking the skin to 50% size ( 352x388 ), which should be more than enough.
                      Last edited by NightFright; 03-01-2021, 01:17 AM.
                      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• belt_osjc_resize.zip like that?

Comment

• Outstanding!

Since a few important fixes came together and it doesn't seem we are waiting for something big on short notice, I will do a service release now so we have a solid base to work with again.

Download Rev.#24 on Github
                          Auth Model Pack on ModDB

Changelog Rev. #24 (Mar 1, 2021)
                          • Update: NPCs
                            [ID1] Fullbright pixels on Chthon skin removed by osj
                          • Update: Weapons
                            [ID1] Smoother recoil animation + skin adjustments for Rocket Launcher by osj
                            [ROG] Smoother recoil animation + skin adjustments for Multi-Rocket Launcher by osj
                          • Update: Items
                            [ID1] Pentagram of Protection by Lunaran (from "Copper")
                            [ID1] Quad Damage by Lunaran (from "Copper")
                          • Update: Props
                            [ID1] Lava ball by osjclatchford (based on Chillo model)
                            [HIP] Lava rock by osjclatchford (based on Chillo model)
                            [HIP] Proximity bomb by osjclatchford (based on Chillo model)
                          • Fixes:
                            [ID1] Backpack UV mapping skin fix by Tea Monster
                            [ROG] Anti-Grav Belt skin downsized by 50% (to avoid issues in many ports)
                          Last edited by NightFright; 03-02-2021, 03:58 AM.
                          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• That's a shame, but oh well. I was always a bit suspicious of the exporter saying "I'll take care of all that for you". Relying on any kind of auto settings with game art is usually a passport to getting 'rekt'. I've been happily resizing stuff with Phredreeke's help

Comment

• Well, at least now we know where we have to put the limit regarding skins. TBH I didn't know there are any limits in modern ports regarding that. But yeah, if you think about it, a large skin for a small model isn't really necessary.
                              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Any chances we get some smaller things from the to-do list done, e.g. identical walking frames 23+24 of our current Vore or GL/RL muzzleflashes? I know it sucks to edit existing mdls without source.
                                Last edited by NightFright; 03-09-2021, 02:24 PM.
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X