No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats a dead link sev... well it is for me anyhow...

anyway, today I noticed that skiffy's shambler's headgib has an odd bloodcolour that is mismatched to the quake1 gibs. its more in keeping with the quake3 gibs in truth.
    well no more:

see the attatched zip for the model. FYI it has the new and old skin on it so you can compare...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Something that is strange that I've just noticed. If you extract the remaster's e2m1.bsp and put it into QSS/id1/maps folder, and then play it with Authentic Model Improvements, it adds an explosive box to the map for some reason, on the water bridge at the start. Why is that? Seems really bizarre to me. It's something to do with b_exbox2.bsp. If AMI's version of that file is present, then the box appears, and if it isn't present then the box doesn't appear.

Might be a bit off topic so I apologize if so.

Comment

• It's not a good idea to mix this project with the remaster. It's not meant for that.
        In the meantime, I have been informed my suggestion to include the bsp models in the remaster has been forwarded to the Quake team at id. No guarantees, ofc.
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
          It's not a good idea to mix this project with the remaster. It's not meant for that.
          Oh I know. I don't expect remaster stuff to work cleanly in QSS. I was just playing around. But it's such a random thing for an explosive box to appear there that I was wondering if anybody had an explanation. I also feel like it's triggering some kind of latent memory in me, as though that box used to be there at some point in history

Ah, I see what's happening now though. There's a box in the room directly above it. I forgot about that being there. Sorry for bringing this up.

Comment

• Here is a mirror of Seven's Ogre conversion. Can't look at it right now by myself, so I can't tell whether this even works. Even if it does, we would still need the Multi-Grenade skin for DoE and headgibs. Plus it might clip into the floor after death.
            File: ogre.zip. Here is the opportunity the share your files and photos with friends or family. It’s easy with File-Upload
            Last edited by NightFright; 08-20-2021, 03:29 PM.
            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• This is for osjclatchford, as requested:
              https://mir.cr/HXZ7XOCP

Seeing that you have issues with internet websites, hopefully one of the mirrors are reachable for you.

Now you have something to do and tinker with on the weekend.
              Hopefully the "swelling" is up again.

Have fun and enjoy,
              Seven

Comment

• FINALLY! the capnbubs ogre! (if its not it then I dunno what is!)
                perfect work on this conversion Sev! and thanks for the re-upload NF!

by the way the "its been swell but the swelling's gone down" is just a humurous play on words, man. its just a throwaway double-entrendre that you've taken way out of context.

anyway you know what Im going to say next for sure? you've just got to do a whole pack of these "rescued" enhanced models man!
                its a great resource for the quake community that would be a shame to go to waste otherwise
                you should stick it in its own thread too. theres going to be many people who'll want a slice of that pie! (thats if its not too big an ask that is...)

I will do my best a slapping out a DOE skin for this badboy soon. expect updates
                dont know if the remaster pack has headgibs but if not, socks' headgib from AD is ideal to be honest. its closest to vanilla and has the added detail our pack requires. (ok its not got the teeth and all that jazz but its skin matches great nonetheless...)

*edit*
                shit, just realised you've put other stuff aside the ogre in there too! awesome.

yeah man, the speed you've done this its clearly a doddle for you, you gotta do a comprehensive pack. its crying out for it!

Comment

• Just to make sure nothing is missed:
                  - Ogre: DoE skin, headgib, floor clipping fix for death anim
                  - Vore: Idle animation (but I guess it's optional - maybe they even added it?), headgib
                  - Zombie: 2 DoE variants (with "cross detachment" animation + mummy), headgib
                  - Chthon: If the new version has a better face, it could also be considered
                  - Player: SoA variant (with Mjolnir)

Did they change the Gremlin/Armagon (SoA) or the Lavaman/Guardian (DoE)? If so, can be worth a look, too.

Anyway, we have to be careful to not replace too much. What I mentioned should actually cover everything that could still be improved. Anything that Tea Monster did for example I would never replace, same with Lunaran's Knight or skiffy's Shambler.

But nice that the capnbubs stuff is surfacing at long last after all. I had really given up on it.
                  Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• tis indeed exciting times afterall!
                    down to seven now!

oh yeah, I got some work to do too...

Comment

• The multi grenade Ogre might even be in the Hipnotic pak file, btw.

But yeah, try to keep the gasping and drooling at a reasonable level if possible at least.
                      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• yeah, thats how it always starts, with "oohs" and "ahs" and then later theres lagging and crashing...

yes. its true I think I'd need to see a comprehensive pack of all the models before I waste time making or reskinning somehting that already exists...
                        so its the waiting game again for now. I'll see whats missing then do the work...

Ive already made a new skin for the chillo model zombie head and a reskin of sock's h_hellkn to go with the new monster models. as I say Im using the h_ogre from ad as-is as the skin is vanilla anyhow, matching the new model. but yeah, these skins will never be 100% but it helps...

oh, here is v2 of that h_shams skin I did a few posts ago. this one has much smoother pixel transition of colour than the first one:
                        osjc_h_shams_2.zip

fits in a bit better now...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by osjclatchford; 08-21-2021, 03:52 AM. Reason: added shambie head v2

Comment

• Make sure to avoid reintroducing fullbright pixels. That Zombie headgib used to glow like a Christmas tree in the dark. But I screwed that one up when I added blood to Chillo's model. Happens if you don't use GIMP.
                          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• yeah theres none on the new stuff Ive done AFAIK

and Nope, couldn't wait:
                            https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ppbb...re_v2.zip/file

Its the new ogre but with a doe skin added as skin1 pic here:

well happy with this and I dont even play DOE LOL!

here he is in foggy bogbotom:

do note the preview shot in qme shows a wip version with unfinished tatoo, (not all the way under armpit) up untill a second ago this errored version was in the main file.
                            so download it again if the tattoo looks wrong on yours. the file link above is now the finished one.

phew, that was fun!
                            Last edited by osjclatchford; 08-21-2021, 05:23 AM. Reason: re-uploaded to fix tatoo error...

Comment

• That Ogre looks really good! Never thought this moment would ever some, but here it is! Where is capnbubs now, btw? He can come out of hiding, the charade is over.

Btw, is it true what Seven wrote in the other thread? They didn't change the mission pack models at all? If that's really the case, I gotta have another chat with that id guy over at the Doomworld forums. And we would have a chance to actually get way ahead of their port with our modifications. Not that we were falling behind at any point, actually.

My current goal is rather to convince id guys to use some (more) of our assets to fill their huge gaps before they lose interest in it, which will supposedly happen at some point. Then this will be abandoned in an unfinished state and nobody wants that.
                              Last edited by NightFright; 08-21-2021, 05:26 AM.
                              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• thats all good and all that but dont be so hasty to just give the stuff away, they're making money out of this, why should we give them our assets for them to make money out of.
                                that, I feel I would grow to resent enormously. espescially considering I'm out of work at present.
                                its bad enough they've made financial gain out of a project thats a copycat of ours. that I can get over, but for them to then take our assets to improve said copy-cat project, making more money out it, would be the living-end...

I know were giving it away here but thats different. it was always this way. I'd prefer it awas all free all the time than for a third party to grow rich of our work...

dont get me wrong, you are, of course, free to do as however you will with your own creations and any of the other artists would have to give their own consent or whatever but I'd be bitter to see any of mine being used to line id/bethesdas pockets is all...

as far as I'm concerned, its all free or they give us a wedge. its only fair...
                                Last edited by osjclatchford; 08-21-2021, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X