No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those fucking guys and thier bloody nitpicking...

dont use interpolation. there fixed...

AFAIK That has absolutely sweet FA to do with anything I've done to the models.
    its just how they are built.
    The program I've used simply converts them from md5 to mdl. I have no control over how it does it.
    Also, Its is not a hack not to use Interpolation. it comes off in standard in quakespasm and was never in the orginal quake. its an option. one that came with glquake first, I believe. it is of no interest to me as I dont use it and would have no idea what even is causing it.
    If anything its a hack to have it on. doing so mbreaks the id1 v_nail model's muzzleflash for example.

if you're that bothered by it in quakespam type r_lerpmodels 1 intot he console.
    bam fixed...

Comment

• Well, I don't mind the way the RL looks now. You should only see the muzzleflash in two frames, that's it.
      As for the Enforcer: I dunno why the muzzleflash isn't showing where it should, but maybe it's a simple fix like for the RL.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• According to a post on ModDB, small explosive boxes (b_exbox2) are supposedly floating above ground. Can anybody confirm this? I think I would have noticed that when taking my screenshots in E4M1.
        Last edited by NightFright; 09-05-2021, 06:31 AM.
        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
          According to a post on ModDB, small explosive boxes (b_exbox2) are supposedly floating above ground. Can anybody confirm this? I think I would have noticed that when taking my screenshots in E4M1.
          is this with master or R25?

Comment

• According to the post, he used r25. With r22 it's ok. That's before I replaced those models (exploding boxes were renamed MDLs back then). Can also be tested with latest master since only monsters and weapons have been updated lately.

He might be using a mod however, there's no further info provided. Anyway, if it looks fine in official maps in various ports, there's nothing to fix. Maybe he was also referring to a different model, but I cannot associate anything else with the phrase "little explosive barrels".
            Last edited by NightFright; 09-05-2021, 06:51 AM.
            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

According to the post, he used r25. With r22 it's ok. That's before I replaced those models (exploding boxes were renamed MDLs back then). Can also be tested with latest master since only monsters and weapons have been updated lately.

He might be using a mod however, there's no further info provided. Anyway, if it looks fine in official maps in various ports, there's nothing to fix. Maybe he was also referring to a different model, but I cannot associate anything else with the phrase "little explosive barrels".
              Yeah I just tested with r25 and Master and everything looks fine. I think he may have combined r25 with AD (I think AD has slightly different model) but I aint going to mess up my quake install to see, so I would assume he is trying to use AMI with another mod too.

Comment

• Just like I thought, then. I dunno why it worked for him with an older mod version, though. Well, we cannot know what kind of setup he is using. What matters for us is if it works as intended in an otherwise mod-free environment. Thanks a lot for the fast feedback!
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Just like I thought, then. I dunno why it worked for him with an older mod version, though. Well, we cannot know what kind of setup he is using. What matters for us is if it works as intended in an otherwise mod-free environment. Thanks a lot for the fast feedback!
                  No problem! you where fast with responding about the hip1m4 key issue, thought I would return the favor, I did go to moddb and asked him if he had a screenshot of the issue, but that was 4 hours ago and he hasnt responded, so I just came to that conclusion, so if he provides screenshots I will ask more questions and then report back.

Comment

• After this is sorted out, I guess the Enforcer with his misaligned laser fire (due to model interpolation?) should still be checked. Then I believe the next release should be ready.

PS: Actually, when checking the Enforcer ingame now, I can't see anything wrong with it.
                    Last edited by NightFright; 09-06-2021, 12:46 AM.
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Hey, NightFright o/

I don't know if you already fixed this, but in the fiend's last death frame his arm goes through the floor...

i fixed it with Qme. if you want to check, here is the model:
                      https://www.mediafire.com/file/tdxk9...demon.mdl/file

Comment

• You got a keen eye there. I admit I never noticed it ingame, but when looking at the model from the side in q1mv, one of the arms indeed points down instead of laying flat on the ground. Well observed!
                        Last edited by NightFright; 09-07-2021, 03:09 PM.
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• After a lot of playtesting, I feel confident enough to make a new release. Revision #26 is available, at long last!

As usual, download from ModDB or directly via Github

Changelog:
                          • Added:
                            [ID1] Spawn (from Quake Kex, converted by osj)
                            [ROG] Hellspawn (based on Spawn from Quake Kex, converted/edited by osj)
                          • Update:
                            [ALL] Progs.dat: Support for new DOPA episode ending text (client.qc), fix for losing runes under certain conditions (client.qc/world.qc), fix for items spawning too early (items.qc), cleaned up code to eliminate most compiler warnings
                            [ID1] Progs.dat: Deactivated "sv_aim" reset to 0.93 after loading new level
                            [ID1] Chthon, Death Knight, Enforcer, Fiend, Ogre, Rotfish, Scrag, Vore, Zombie (from Quake Kex, converted by osj)
                            [ID1] Headgibs: Death Knight, Enforcer, Fiend, Ogre, Scrag, Shambler, Vore, Zombie (by osj)
                            [ID1] Rocket Launcher (from Quake Kex, converted by Seven and edited by osj)
                            [HIP] [ROG] Progs.dat: Quad cheat sound fix, shooting/jumping when respawning fix, sliding/not-jumping on monsters/boxes/players fix
                            [ROG] Multi-Grenade Ogre + headgibs (based on Ogre from Quake Kex, converted/edited by osj)
                            [ROG] Multi-Rocket Launcher (based on RL from Quake Kex, converted by Seven and edited by osj)
                          Thanks to everybody who was involved in making this happen!
                          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• Looks like we might get our hands on a Zombie with additional DoE animations after all.

Over at Doomworld, someone complained about the Zombie missing animations when climbing from the cross in R2M5 and R2M7. Apparently Nightdive will fix that in an upcoming update since it only happens with MD5 replacements and they can do something about that. So as soon as the new model is available, all we have to do is to convert that one to MDL and we have our DoE replacement, at long last.

@osj:
                            Will let you know once it is available and will provide you with the model then.
                            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• ok buddy. Ill do it asap once its up and available...
                              good news for me is Im working again, YAY!
                              will surely make time to do this simple fix though, so no worries there...

Comment

• Amazing news, congrats! I am really glad things worked out for you, at long last! And no worries, I don't think there'll be too much to do here for a while. I'll stay watchful and see if anything useful pops up over at Doomworld. It'd still be great to have something again at some point which isn't ripped from Enhanced.
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X