Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

arctic furry skin for obi-wan fiend (drake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arctic furry skin for obi-wan fiend (drake)

made yet another new skin for one of the available HD models for quake for use with the drake mod

le voila, the arctic furry fiend thats also used in unforgiven

of course included matching headgib texture

and the black-scaled fiend which is used in SoE

DOWNLOAD LAST UPDATED VERSION2.1 (now includes arctic, grey arctic and scaley fiend all in one pk3)
    Last edited by talisa; 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

I like this one - the changes are much more subtle. Maybe the eyes should not glow on the gib though.

second look: Maybe the eye color should even be darkened a bit. Due to there being no shadows for his brow or anything to truly indicate an eye, it looks like there is a hole in his face and the sky is trapped in his head. I understand you did not make this model.

Can you add a darker gradient in the eye around the edges? Like my avatar (sorta) you may notice the bottom right is dark and lightens as it reaches the upper left. Can you use that same method from the outer edges to the center of the eye? A subtle amount of contrast between the two extremes of the gradient will go a real long way.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-22-2013, 11:05 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

imo your work needs to be front page news! keep up the good work!

Comment

I second that.

Comment

thanx gypsy and JD

yeah the original texture did have that with the darker grading around the eyes, but it got lost kinda while editing
          ill try playing around with trying to add the darker gradient back around the eyes later
          Last edited by talisa; 04-22-2013, 01:38 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I need it on my desk by Friday, along with the Patterson invoice. You've been doing a good job around here Talisa. I hear the chatter in the mail room and by the coffee machine. Everyone seems to be impressed with your work. Keep it up and there could be advancements in your future.

Now if you will put your shoes back on and stub out that cigar that I didn't offer you, you can remove yourself from my desk so I can get back to work.

Comment

Comment

working on getting this into the news today , thanks for being patient!
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

awesome, thanx mindz
                  thanx for feeling my stuff is so awesome its worthy of being front-page news
                  dun think my stuffs is that amazing

in other news... made a little update to the skin
                  made the glow a lil bit more subtle and added a slightly dark line at the edge, and i tried playing around a bit with adding some shading above the eye from the original skin

nothing big, just some slight updates

EDIT:download removed since i made another update, see next post
                  Last edited by talisa; 04-22-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

suddenly realized i had forgot to also update the gib-texture in last update

so i took a look at the gib-texture and luma too, making the same changes to it,
                    and i thought of what gypsy said and did what he suggested, made the eye and the luma both darker, so the eyes are more darker and only slightly glowing on the gib anymore

DOWNLOAD EVEN NEWER VERSION1.02 WITH UPDATED GIB-TEXTURES

Comment

yep...that looks good. Now it's more like he is dead.

Comment

You keep describing these as "HD" I don't see where this is HD. To me, it looks more like a really clean original Quake texture. Which is really really good (IMO). I like how it look more like a graphic novel and less like plastic. I also like how it is essentially flat, there is no drama to the texture.

I think if the hoofs were as black as they are brown, it would probably look good. maybe with a little "rim" of blood stains to complete the realism that this thing has probably stomped through plenty of it's meals.
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-22-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

thanx gypsy for the compliment about the texture fitting so perfectly into quake and looking like original textures

hmm i might give your suggestions a try

Comment

I don't know the source of your inspiration..but I'm GLAD!

Comment

check your PM's need some assistance (actually,more than some haha)
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X