Johnny Cash: Hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Cash: Hurt

Being around Diazoild at Singed.Net and TLTQ was always a great experience, everyone who was a member at those sites already know this.

One of the many things Diazoild hosted/posted on TLTQ and Singed.Net was a Johnny Cash music video.

I think he hosted this video twice:

1. The first time was when Johnny Cash died in Fall/Winter 2003.
    2. When Eddie Guerro died and I was asking about it.

That guy was incredible on WWE. Even if you don't like wrestling, that guy was talented in the acting department beyond belief. He unexpectedly was found dead in a hotel room from a heart attack or something in Nov 2005. They played the Johnny Cash's "Hurt" on the WWE in a tribute to him the week he died.

The Johhny Cash Hurt video is outstanding. I have to admit I don't really know much about Johhny Cash except that he was a country music guy in the 70's or 80's. I couldn't tell you the name of anything else he made except I knew his name.

This video is pretty good.

Hosted on my personal account: Johhny Cash - Hurt AVI 47 MB
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Also note that Johnny Cash's Hurt is a cover of Nine Inch Nail's Hurt. Maybe you already knew that Baker but I'm just letting the public know

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
      Also note that Johnny Cash's Hurt is a cover of Nine Inch Nail's Hurt. Maybe you already knew that Baker but I'm just letting the public know
      The NIN one is better.
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
        Nope, didn't know that.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
          Nope, didn't know that.
          Johnny Cash told a reporter that he wished he wrote that song because he always feels pain (referring to that accident and decision where he might lose the ability to play music)
          Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 06-18-2006, 10:15 PM. Reason: hehe, I said Johnny Cage :P

Comment

He also covered I Hung My Head by Sting on the same album, though I do prefer Sting's version in that case.

Cash's Hurt works better as a standalone song, but NIN's version has so much more impact in the context of the album.
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

how much more impact can you have from a old school nakka like the Man in Black dying?

anyways

Cash also preformed a version of Soundgarden's Rusty Cage from the Bad Motor Finger album
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                he was a country music guy in the 70's or 80's.

50's all the way till 2003, baker...

Cash was from a town about 30 miles from where I was born and raised. Everyone from that area loved johnny with a passion and I'm pretty sure there was a mandatory ownership law for the "live at san quentin" album.
                When he died I actually felt pain as if I lost a family member, so the Hurt video really "hit home" for me.

Thank god Rick Rubin and Cash hooked up

laterz

Comment

I could never like this guy. Didn't his first wife bring him up on abuse charges? Sorry.. I always thought this guy was a loser with a big L.
                  www.Net-Tyme.com
                  Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                  Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

maybe the bitch deserved it!

don't make me come up there and abuse you, i know where you live!

Comment

this version of the song is just plain corny

Comment

Originally posted by L3ftisM
                        maybe the bitch deserved it!

don't make me come up there and abuse you, i know where you live!
                        mmm mmm mmm. you know.. You are so going to get it. Come on up here big guy Got sumpin for ya.. Oh and.. I know where YOU live to buddy. BTW... when is BDA night when you don't up and run off?

ps.. this guy is still a Loser right up there with good ole Elvis.
                        www.Net-Tyme.com
                        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Working...
                        X