Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies: Remakes Vs. Original

The Thing

The Thing 1982 by John Carpenter kicks the ass of the 1950's original. The 1950's movie is bland. The 1982 movie is nothing like the 1950 movie except the name and a little bit of theme. The 1982 is awesome.

Planet Of The Apes

That 2001 remake of the Planet of the Apes was terrible, except the special effects. The 1969 movie has impact, and I wouldn't have normally watched the old Planet of the Apes movie (you know, because old movies look old) but got suckered into it one time when I was watching the first 5 minutes and looked like a space movie.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I saw a remake, but they made all the best horror movies in the 1970's so I rented it one time. That movie is f***** scary. A real horror movie.

I can't think of any others right now, but these are some examples and seemed like a fun idea for a spur of the moment thread.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

All original movie ideas are gone, they are now all remakes, sequels, based on a comic book/book/television show/video game/OTHER MOVIE, japanese fairy tales, and not a new idea in the bunch.

The only remake worth seeing is Scarface.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

The Haunting is a case where the remake takes a dump on the original.

The original from 1963 is one of the best horror movies Ive seen, without a doubt, because it relies so much on imagination and narrative to illustrate what is happening... the remake has a friggin awesome looking house - but the storyline goes too deep into the history, it has too much of a Feel Good aspect in the end, and the special effects are overused and leave no room for suspense. It literally becomes "Oh, theres a ghost."

The fireplace was cool, as was the garden statue and such... definitely good elements, but as a whole, it leaves no room for any horror to take place.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I'm not into all these remake movies. There are only a few worth mentioning that I thought were good.

Body Snatchers was a good one, baker. I loved that movie when it came out.
        Bad News Bears, The Fly and War of the Worlds were all good remakes. But I still loved the originals better.

laterz

Comment

Originally posted by L3ftisM
          The Fly
          Oh yeah, that The Fly movie made, I'm guessing, in the late 80's was cool and gross at the same time.

The War of Worlds movie that was last year was very good. I avoided it for a while because I was worried it would suck. They did excellent character development in it.

I still hate the ending of War of the Worlds -- the not believable ending where they die from natural causes. They should have come up with another cause.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Movies are kind of like video games, where now that graphics have progressed so much that the game developers/movie producers focus on that rather than gameplay/story.
            uakene.com

Comment

I haven't seen any of the originals. Too bad 4 me..

Comment

Rent The Thing (1982) and the 1978-ish Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Those movies are kick ass.

Comment

They are running out of plots. I mean.. How many different ways can you kill a person or make a girl fall? lol. Sci Fi took off like a Banshi.. but.. you can only think of just so many ways for the monster, super natural, etc to come into play. They have to make remakes!!!
                  www.Net-Tyme.com
                  Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                  Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Working...
                  X