What Album Cover Is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Album Cover Is This?

My local radio station is doing this contest where you have to guess the album cover and you win shit... anyone got any ideas? The station is a rock/alternative/indie type station, so it has to be a band from that genre.

You got me, as I'm absolutely PUZZLED by this :-P teeeheeehee

Good luck
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

tried real hard (like 15 minutes) to rape google features to figure this out for you...no go, sorry.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Well you guys are no help lol.

The most popular guess as of right now is either Jimmy Eat World - Damages or Silversun Pickups - Neck of the Woods. I think both of those are wrong as they don't have black bottom borders (unless they're fucking with you and adding a border around the actual album art).

New puzzle pieces should be added in today so we'll see...

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...LZHo9gSVzIHgAg

I'm trying to help ya too
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

New update haha!

Comment

Yeah once they divulge atleast 10% more of the puzzle it should enter the realm of doable.

Unless you happen to know it on your own merits, it is at present impossible to google :F
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Are you sure they haven't flipped it on it's side or something?
                If you have 9GB of bandwidth and a lot of time on your hands, hehe:
                Cover Art Archive : Free Image : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  tried real hard (like 15 minutes) to rape google features to figure this out for you...
                  That sounded wrong and nasty! No, but really, I understand what you mean... As for the album cover, I have no idea. This question should be asked on Final Jeopardy.
                  "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I won! I won your contest! WooHoo!

would that suck or what? good thing im jus kiddin'

Comment

I'm trying, brah. Just 3714827498734982734987 more images to go.

[this was a blue oyster cult image but apparently the image gods will not allow it to be hotlinked]

opinions
                      1) I doubt that puzzle is the whole album cover. It's probably some blown up piece of the cover (and I also believe it is sideways)
                      2) The genre of the station is probably not a good determinant of the genre of the album cover. It would be too easy if it was.

Due to my opinion in #1, I was almost sure I nailed it with this blue oyster cult cover. If you turn it 90 degrees clockwise and focus on the now upper right, it has the blue and black as well as some yellow in almost the right spot (spaceship), unfortunately it aint it. I had to come back here cause I don't have a photographic memory... and then it was all "boooo get off the stage"...
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-27-2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I give up, brah. I sorry. I tried really really hard. I looked over thousands of images and "show visually similar" to a point that I'm basically right back where I started. At this point, I could be looking right at it and wouldn't know it, cause all this shit has turned into a blue blob. I gave it the ole college try, but I never went to college so...

PS> trying to directly inject the image in google just turns up a bunch of pictures of refrigerators, so, maybe that will save you a minute.

edit: I can give you a clue though, that isn't obvious. I think we can agree that thus far it looks like a star in space close-up. Well if you look at the very top the blue gradient turns brown before it turns black... and then we have this similar brown color near the bottom. I think that whatever that brown thing is at the bottom will have a brown "swoosh" that leads to it, as if it was in motion.
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-27-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

when you mentioned "Blown up" , I said holy fok maybe its this ;

Comment

If I give you the answer, I want a cut...

Jimmy Eat World announce new album, 'Damage' - Alternative Press

my best guess anyways
                            Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

It's right in so many ways and makes sense, but where is the brown?

Comment

Working...
                              X