GM Place
    Tue, Aug. 22, 2006
    08:00 PM
    IN VANCOUVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just caught Maynard playing some FvF

=o Whoa hey!

Now if only I had friends who didn't hate Tool and Tool fans ;D

Comment

Tool is very overrated. bah. no good metal bands EVER come to north carolina.

Comment

I like Vicarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
          Tool is very overrated. bah. no good metal bands EVER come to north carolina.
          Everyone has different tastes in music, Monster. So it's best you stfu now before Sajt and I track down your location and ass rape you with a spiky guitar

Comment

Monster will not be ass-raped. Monster not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
              Monster will not be ass-raped. Monster not gay.
              suuuuuuuuuure~

well it's not like you're going to have a choice. don't bother preparing for it either.

It's like an ass rape. You can't prepare for it but it's going to happen. and whenit happens it's going to hurt, no matter how much you prepare for it. So it's best you just think of a happy place and enjoy your life and fun have.

Comment

It's okay, Sniper. Monster just doesn't like anything that's not metal.

Comment

Tool is metal. Progressive metal to be exact, which I don't like much of.

Comment

Tool is neither progressive nor metal.

Theyre a hard rock band that draws out their songs.

And just because someone likes metal doesnt mean they dislike other genres - but you will find in serious metal fans a demand for higher standards in ability from the bands of other genres.

Tool to me is like the first Half Life ("oh boy, here he goes again..."), good elements, some good memorable moments. But on the whole? Just another band. With an annoying community for the most part. Except for Sajt. Sometimes ; )
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Well, Tool isn't 80's hair metal, that's for sure. I'm no genre expert, but I would classify it as hard rock with progressive influences, but most of the progressive influence is limited to longer songs with irregular and constantly changing time signatures. Which I like. When it comes to music I like, you can trivially reject anything that's three minutes long and contains lyrics and a couple repeated chord progressions.

Monster, if you heard that Coldplay was coming to town, would you complain that they're not real metal?

Solecord: I like Vicarious too

Comment

Working...
                      X