No announcement yet.

How often do you go to Church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@R00k - I think you mean window pane. Although, you could pretty much put together any words and come up with the name of some acid, so maybe you are right.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

idk, stained glass is what it's called in the UK :v
      twitch
      wew lad

Comment

Yeah, we're back at the usual "religion sucks" discussion by now.

I'm not even gonna get involved, I'll just advise people to not throw all religions into the same pot because our planet has many vastly different faiths and traditions.

If Western people (or studies) talk about "religious" these days, they usually actually mean "Christian" or "Muslim". In which case, I tend to agree with these studies, but that is an incredibly narrow view on religion.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I always wonder why Atheist care so fucking much about something they absolutely don't believe.

Why do Atheist get upset when you say to them "God bless you" after they sneeze? Like it hurts them to wish well upon them. I know people like this who go out of their way to bash Christianity, though I never see them bashing any other religion, make me wonder maybe their Satanist?

It really makes Atheism seem like the troll religion
          Last edited by Phenom; 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

lol@troll religion

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I always wonder why Atheist care so fucking much about something they absolutely don't believe.
              Only in so far as it affects me and harms others.

Why do Atheist get upset when you say to them "God bless you" after they sneeze?
              I don't. Does that actually happen?

I know people like this who go out of their way to bash Christianity, though I never see them bashing any other religion, make me wonder maybe their Satanist?
              Living in America, Christianity is what one mostly has to deal with, so that's mostly what one reacts to. There's plenty of criticism of Islam too, though.

Comment

I do not understand the concept of religion. The word christian "christ-like". So, If you are a Christian you should act like Christ. Christ was no religion. He went about helping others and preaching. We have 10 commandments that could all be narrowed down to 1 - do not do or think wrongly to/of others or yourself.

So where does the religion part come in? Act like Christ and the commandments part is a given. How many ways are there to act like Christ? I would say one way since there was one christ. Where does the religion come from?

If we are all acting like Christ, what religion is that? All the christian religions agree about how christ acted but disagree otherwise and the disagreements always deal with the "truth" as to how to get to heaven. But if we were all acting like Christ, wouldn't we go to heaven just like Christ? All the Christian religions agree as to how Christ acted but disagree as to how you should.

Of course my entire thing is based on you believing in Christ in the first place. If you don't...this post isn't really for you.

Comment

I respect poeple's beliefs and respect each person who does the same, but when Atheists/Christians/Muslims/whatever act ignorant or intolerant of someone else's beliefs or way of life is when that cross a line.

Does it really matter if my neighbor is not a part of the same religion as me? No.
                  Does it effect anyone else what I believe in? No.
                  Does it hurt anyone who gets a blessing from someone from another religion? No.
                  Do I care what you, or you, or you believe? Fuck no.

I give everyone who deserves it a 50/50 chance with me, it's their decision how they want to take our friendship or non-friendship.

I just don't like losing friends because they seem normal in real life but when you get to see their FaceBook pages it seems like they're complete religion basher/uptight/arrogant pricks who have nothing better to do on Facebook then post "Christians are stupid" post almost all day everyday like it's their job.

I'm really starting to think Atheism is nothing more then a bunch of Trolls with no self-realization.

I don't care what you believe in, it's all in your mind anyway.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Comment

I believe in science and look forward to living like this bro. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyinD6ZDqeg]The Jetsons Intro - YouTube[/ame]

I can't wait to see what all our imagination and science makes possible. Way more interesting than religion any day. (or lack there of)
                    Originally posted by The Prime Directive
                    As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Star Fleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Star Fleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.
                    I'm a huge fan, enough so that I'm getting the communicator tattoo (outline already done) and my captains pins on my collar bone area.
                    Yes i'm a nerd.
                    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      I believe in science and look forward to living like this bro. The Jetsons Intro - YouTube

I can't wait to see what all our imagination and science makes possible. Way more interesting than religion any day. (or lack ther of)
                      Yep, I can't wait to see whats next either, have you heard about graphene, Never Wet or Google Fiber? That's just a few things I pulled off the top of my head.

It's gunna be pretty awesome and also pretty scary at the same time.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Comment

I was reading about how Juno will be coming back to Earth to briefly pay us a visit sometime in October!

Earth Flyby | Mission Juno , Juno was launched back in 2011 and has been on an insane ride around our small tiny spec of space.

Tons of people signed up for the 1 way Mars Mission too, in 2022. There are enough "Oh my Gawd" type people out there to fully fund this. I'm sure a goverment will get involved in some fashion and turn it into something bigger than originally intended.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...1100212_1.html
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

interesting topic... i don't go to the church except for very hot days to find a refuge from the sun. apart from that.. no. i have no reason to go there. i don't get it - the very idea of religion is beyond me. from my point of view, religion is too dangerous for a species like human... just another mean of crowd control.
                          -
                          have anyone of you here seen the movie "the man from earth"?
                          -
                          jakub
                          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

No church for me. I am an atheist.

I believe in science.

No I am not a satanist, that would require I believe in christianity or judaism or islam or whatever...

Anyone can be ignorant, no matter their faith or lack there of.

Omnipotent beings don't need money or your worship.
                            Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Working...
                            X