How often do you go to Church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you go to Church?

Just out of curiosity, how often do you go to Church? I go to Church once a month. (I don't see anything wrong with people who go to Church everyday. Similarly, I don't see anything wrong with people who never go to Church.)
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

I don't have much reason to go to churches (apart from architectural interest etc) since I'm not part of that religion. I'm not even baptised. And today, I am part of a different faith group that has no churches.

Where I'm concerned, people can do what they want, as long as it, uhm, harms none...
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

We do it for the kids ...
      ... every christmas.

Comment

i go everyday the whole universe is my Temple.

Dudeism - Ordination by the Religion of The Big Lebowski

hear is a link to a website that can tell you a little more about my spirituality...

Attached Files

Comment

used to, dont much anymore.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I share the same views as Golden_Boy on this subject.
            twitch
            wew lad

Comment

Every time I go to a wedding or funeral.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

When i was a little lad, then yes but now i don't really want to.
                I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Once a week, for the most part. The spirituality that my religion offers is nice...brings a feeling of peace that I couldn't find as an atheist or agnostic. I recommend it, though I won't cram it down your throats. Do as you wish, and you'll still have my respect.

Comment

Religion is really a one on one with your beliefs.

Church is a supporting role through unity.

kinda like the calamity of conformity makes more $$$.

In dramatic situations or whatever, Everyone has a voice in the back of their heads that tell them the reality of their actions.,
                    some ignore, some agree.

that voice is a reference to your "i wish apon a star" part of the brain, so If you teach that part with positive examples then you'll get a positive answer for such situations.

Yet some are just so lost in social elitest trite they cant think for themselves.

Church?

they give free wine shots around Easter..
                    Last edited by R00k; 08-11-2013, 12:09 AM.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                      Church?

they give free wine shots around Easter..
                      Now that's inviting!
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

I'm with R00k a bit on this one. My original post was a true joke, but the reality of the situation is, I have an ongoing relationship with my God and church is in my heart. I don't like to go to an actual church because I did that for the first 16 years of my life in 2 completely different religions (Catholic, United Pentecostal) and I never found God. I just found people that swear they are the only ones that know "him" and how to follow "him". Maybe if churches weren't full of hipocrites and poser disciples I would have more interest.

Also, maybe if churches were more focused on following god than attempting to interpret "him" it would hold more interest for me. I never fully agree with the interpretations and that is also something that's in my heart. Like a pastor will say something and it will just feel completely wrong to me. I trust that little voice in my chest, which means I can't trust the guy that is provoking it to warn me.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I was very much forced into a very catholic environment, so I've always had a nasty taste in my mouth on the subject of christianity and similar religions. But I'm not in any way against those who feel differently on the subject.

I suppose I just don't want to come across as vacuous and ignorant to religion. I've just had a bad background with religion, that and no religion has ever felt right to me. But that's a personal thing, I do still think the architecture and art religion has influenced is amazing. To put simply.
                          twitch
                          wew lad

Comment

stained glass is what I like the most about church.
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

StainedGlass wasnt that the name of that
                              LSD from Canada in the '80s?
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X