Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did any of you finish this

Passion of the Christ

It started off ok and I was with the movie. Then came the beat Jesus scene, followed by another beat Jesus scene, followed by beat on jesus while he was walking, moving on to beat on Jesus cause he can't walk... I had to turn it off.

Imma be straight, it didn't even matter to me that it was Jesus. They could have been beating on Mao Tse Tung and I still couldn't have finished watching this garbage.

Did any of you watch the movie straight through? Don't get me wrong, blood and guts is not a problem for me. Over an hour of beating on the same man is. How am I supposed to feel after watching that movie? Did Mel Gibson decide...

Mel: "CUT! This is not insane enough. I want people leaving the theater disturbed, retching and with an overall feeling of misery. Try it again, this time rip his arm off and beat him with it while he is nailed hand and foot to the cross."

Aid: "But sir, that isn't in the bible!"

Mel: "The bible? I'm Mel fucking Gibson, you puke! I'll decide what's in the bible! Now, rip his fucking arm off and beat him with it!"

Aid: "Special effects! You're needed on..."

Mel:" RIP HIS FUCKING ARM OFF AND BEAT HIM WITH IT! DO IT NOW!"
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-22-2013, 08:25 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

I probably couldn't stand watching even a second of that. Then again, I'm from another camp.

Film tip for you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbuEhwselE0]Official Agora Trailer English HD - YouTube[/ame]
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

The point of this was that Jesus actually went through this.
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

just trying to be dramatic.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdIss6EBPZs]Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1: Jesus Clone - YouTube[/ame]

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

The point of this was that Jesus actually went through this.
            I'm aware of that, or at least aware that what was described in the bible can be interpreted to produce this, but I can't watch it, brah. I thought I was pretty twisted, but 40+ minutes of a man being beaten and beaten and beaten and refusing to just friggin die made me feel as meek as a nun. It occurred to me that you would have to be psychotic to want to bring to life this part of Jesus history in such a graphic way and absolutely delusional to think any Christian would want to watch it.

The amount of the movie that I watched (2/3 ish) did not strengthen my resolve in Christ or have any positive effect what-so-ever. I turned it off desperate to find something to occupy my mind and forget everything I just saw.

The movie should be renamed: No (com)Passion For Christ

Comment

My mother is a heavy catholic.

So, yeah. She forced me to watch it when I wanted to spend that time practicing for fragfest2004 (a lan I held with a local internet cafe/comic store and some older friends for winter)

Oh yeah, as a 10 year old, I was just aggravated by it. Then I had to watch it once a year if I were to live with her. Good thing I escaped her weird habitual tendencies though. But to answer, I finished it. Many times.

TL;DR

Fuck Mel Gibson and my mother's agonising practices.
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

that story made me sad for you. I spent 14 years having 2 different religions shoved down my throat. I was so sick of Mom telling me I was gonna go to hell if I wasn't Catholic and Dad telling me I was going to go to hell if I wasn't United Pentecostal that I set the sunday school room on fire at Dads church and made a huge vulgar scene in Mom's church. This is not a joke.

My Dad attempted to bring me to a new church until I told him I would blow it up... and he believed me. By the time I was 16 I was covered in demonic stuff telling my parents if they didn't praise Satan they were going to heaven, where they will be bored for eternity.

I didn't actually (ever in my life) worship satan. I just wanted them to leave me the fuck alone and let me make my own decisions. It worked, they were scared to death of me.

Comment

Well, that's definitely something I can appreciate, I grew up around a lot of heavy metal and thrash metal. So my mother kept out of my room as I would be busy listening to my "satanic" and "talentless" music.

But I'm now becoming quite the accomplished musician because of it. So the negative of a crazy catholic single mother led to my interest in playing the guitar (which she encouraged from a creative side, but hated what I would play).

That and I got to spend a lot of time to myself at night playing video games which led to my study of games design. Now I'm working on my first game and things are going pretty well for me.

So if anything, it's helped me by creating a problem to avoid. Even if I've spent more time at friend's houses so I could actually get some grub. I learned a lot.

Wow, I've never sat down and thought about that to be honest, but it's nice to be able to look at it like that. Thanks, and I'm sorry you had to go through what you did.
                  twitch
                  wew lad

Comment

my parents were never really serious about religion, even though they tried to be. over the years ive seen alot of churches and i have to say there nothing but backbiters and hypocrites.
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

":Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. :"

Does this make you the new super saiyan god from the upcoming Dragon Ball Z film.

idk, it seemed appropriate xD
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

star wars quote, from episode 1. when vader faces an elderly kenobi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RCQDDsMpU]Movie Quotes: "If You strike me down"(Star Wars IV) - YouTube[/ame]
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

How I forgot I don't know. XD

I've been very tired as of late, the insomnia and high metabolism leads me to become a slur of "GET THE QUAD, STOP USING C++ IN RUBY, WHY AM I NOT MAKING AN FPS"

Oh, off topic, making a quake style (in gameplay) shooter for next christmas. Very 80s, very awesome. quakeone.com is getting full coverage before any other site. But if you enjoyed Vice City, you'd enjoy it.

Anyway, everything I said was off topic, but I should rewatch the trilogy.
                          twitch
                          wew lad

Comment

Working...
                          X