No announcement yet.

Prey too good to be true? I think not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prey too good to be true? I think not!

When I got my hands on the prey demo, I knew it was something special, more than just another FPS. I was definitely right.

The Prey demo comes with both single player on multiplayer modes. I will tell you right now, Both of these modes go above and beyond my expectations. For example, at the beginning of the single player, you get taken by the aliens while in a bar. This has to be one of the most weird feelings I ever experienced. I really felt like I was being lifted. The physics were wonderful. I can sense the floating into the air. The sensations were all there. I also did not expect an intriguing story line. Boy was I wrong. It's also amazing. You feel like you've known the characters for a long time. It's just such a great feeling. They really let you know who everyone is, even without a direct explanation.

Next up the Gameplay is remarkable. With features like wallwalking, deathwalking, Spirit mode, Portals, and gravity flipping... I start to think this game's got my name written all over it. while I was expecting these features to feel unnatural and clunky. I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Next up the multiplayer. Well, I tell ya - doesn't it sound like those features are single player only? Well guess again.. It's not so. All of the features transfer over to multiplayer (besides deathwalking. That would be annoying). this makes for some of the most interesting and intense firefights you'll find.

One problem I had was with the look of the weapons. What I mean, is that the weapons don't look right. They don't do what you expect them to do. So you really have to adjust. The rocket launcher for example, Seems more like some sort of blob cannon. you just don't expect those little blobs to be like rockets. Then chain gun thing looks a lot like what you'd expect to be the rocket launcher. So you'll really need to pay attention to what weapon you have and what it does. Or else you might keep trying to fire the chain gun as if it was a rocket launcher. Not a good situation in multiplayer.

Anyhow, Though it isn't quake, I will tell you right now. It's in its own league. It'll be a while til we see something this interesting come around again

Spirit mode :d :d

I liked the demo quite much!
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Ehhh...not a fan.
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by evilmegaman
        This has to be one of the most weird feelings I ever experienced. I really felt like I was being lifted. The physics were wonderful. I can sense the floating into the air. The sensations were all there.
        this sounds familiar

Comment

err... out-of-body experience??

Interesting. I've got a lot of money to spend. I'll check out the demo, and if I like it, I'll shell out some bux on it.

Comment

its an awesome demo. things ive never experienced in any other game is just one reason to get this game

i know i will

Comment

I liked it as well.

Now if only they would have wider open spaces and faster movement speed.

Comment

I just beat the demo yesterday. That is one weird ass (yet awesome) game. Really awesome how you can walk on ceilings and the sides of walls. Does require a bit of thinking to solve some of the problems, kind of like half-life 2. Must have been a pain to program that. Although I'm not really in to the indian story line.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of a metal storyline :p I liked the indian storyline, although it might seem a little disrespectful to real indians, not sure (maybe actually seem respectful..)

As for requiring a bit of thinking to solve problems like Half-Life 2, you're correct. It contains one or two puzzles which requires a mote of brain activity. Of course, like Half-Life 2, a two year old could solve all the puzzles in the demo in five seconds. But it's a start...

Comment

i would have to say, though, that the puzzles seem to belong in this game

Comment

Working...
                    X