Some of my music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my music

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a portfolio that shows off some of my professional and private projects. Music is one of them so I just made this account on soundcloud.

I don't have very much on there, mostly just the crappy stuff like demos and various versions of the same few pieces... I don't want to put out too much, as I'm working on a full length, 10 track album.

If you guys like home brewed symphonic metal, check it out!

EDIT: If you want to read my commentary on a particular track you can click the album cover to the left... I'm new to soundcloud, though I'm sure some of you guys are pretty familiar with it.
    Last edited by KillPixel; 09-09-2013, 04:54 PM.
    www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Originally posted by Sza
    The quality is very good, but i dont like metal very much... only some songs/tracks. One question: Samples? Synths? or both at the same time?
    Samples, basically everything but the guitars are VSTs... this has many drawbacks, it would be nice to have access to a full band and orchestra someday...

Comment

This is no bullshit... I've PAID for music that is quite below what you got there KP! Excellent work mon', me likey... me likey alot

Wasteland sounded a lil' too much like a mix between... Audioslave(?), can't place it, and Metallica, I think. But other than that everything was really good. And I was going in a bit negative, hahaha! pffft, METAL, so over it!!!

The symphonic part really adds a likeable dimension, that and the fact there was no crappy metal lyricist/vocalist ruining the music. A few of those would make great game music... one I could picture the player running from "mass destruction" in his escape after he won the battle. The other it was like I was imagining a scene where the player had some "downtime" in a MMO and was just taking in a breathtaking vista, think Guild Wars 2 etc, on his/her journey

Anyway, AWESOME... I also like the commentary you put up, pretty cool indeed. You are very creative and now... 'Gypsy's comment, about my comment, comes full circle as I am "enlightened" :-P

Thanks for sharing and all the best,
      - damage_
      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Cool! Glad you got something out of it. The finished album will sound significantly better than these demos, both sonically and musically.

Wasteland sounded a lil' too much like a mix between... Audioslave(?), can't place it, and Metallica, I think.
        Yep, very true. I was 14 at the time and this period was the first time I was really exposed to any music beyond what my parents would occasionally play (james taylor, seal, sting, natalie merchant, carole king, etc...) At the time I had just learned Metallica's Fade to Black and Marilyn Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams. The Wasteland is basically a total rip-off of those two

Again, thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you appreciated it!

Comment

I listened to EVERYTHING... and bookmarked it in case you update it with new material, or revamped previous recordings

You're welcome. And again, thank you for sharing your music.
          Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Someone is influenced by Metallica...
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
              Someone is influenced by Metallica...
              Yeah, every metal band that's ever existed since 1983

Comment

I would say I like it but I only like good metal...

lmao, I'm JK!! Good stuff, man. Kinda like a mix between Priest, Metallica and Rock lesson #6. Kirk Hammett want's his solo notes back when you are done.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

when i played some of your stuff my kid started head banging and jumping around and going crazy. it was great! i hope you will do a custom sound track to your map.

Comment

Working...
                  X