My Recent Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
    Anyway, on terms of colour schemes, what would you say would work well for this forum? I've not really given it much consideration since I see it and think "quake", which in a way makes it quite effective.
    The problem IMO is readability. Black text on white background would be ideal for that. If that's not wanted, the next best thing is white text on dark grey background, like inside3d and func_msgboard use.

Yellow for the link colour isn't ideal, I would suggest bright red or orange (signal colour.)

Here's a really quick mockup. Note how the actual text of the posts is more readable.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

@gb - that looks great! You have a good eye for colors and composition.

@bluntz - I get it, it's "night" and there is a streetlight out of frame casting light on the players. Too dark. I was using some similar hues initially and a semi-similar concept. People are "celebrating life with every bite", the dark colors do not represent a celebration well.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-06-2013, 07:48 AM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post

@bluntz - I get it, it's "night" and there is a streetlight out of frame casting light on the players. Too dark. I was using some similar hues initially and a semi-similar concept. People are "celebrating life with every bite", the dark colors do not represent a celebration well.
        Yes you got my idea,good job!
        However I actually was meaning to move the gradient to the center around their knees to give more of a feeling of dawn.That would have conveyed more of a up all night,party till sunrise feeling.

@OmacKnight
        Thanks
        What might amuse you is that this is much better than the graphic design from the students on my graphic design course at my college. (Even with the flaws, and penis font as you call it. xD)

I'm not even kidding, you're infinitely better than most students in my class. (These are people who are supposed to know how to do all of this.)
        Last edited by bluntz; 10-06-2013, 10:13 PM.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

~GB

Not too bad, I wonder if a user selectable colour scheme system could be added...
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

this is the "proof" for the pie tin art. There is more I would like to post about this but, I need to get my non-chalant butt to work. I'll do a follow up with some more images when I get home.

Part of what i want to touch on later is the circular words. My software doesn't do that. I had to do it by hand and I would like to show y'all how I did it. It promises to be nutty on the level of when I posted that controller diagram.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
            X