Force-Fed Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force-Fed Information

So I was sitting here, mulling through Youtube and other websites, just feeding the noggin with either

-interesting tidbits of info that amaze me
    -interesting tidbits of info that are too outlandish/crazy to believe
    -complete nonsense

Then I was thinking, we're living in a technology fed information age,100 years ago (1913) if I wanted to know what was going on ,in say, Egyyt.... the only avenue of finding out stuff was Newspaper or to actually GO THERE.

Now days its as simple as typing in Egypt into a search engine, and your blasted with past/present/occassionally future information, given through educated guesses or what not.

The question that hit me today was, how long will it take before some one tries to force the entirety of the knowledge known to man, directly into the human brain. Would it be possible? Could the human mind hold such an amount of information? Would we go insane from packing our brain with this info?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEPXXJ4sKw]I Know Kung Fu - YouTube[/ame]

More times than not, scientific advancements are owed to science fiction/human beings natural ability to imagine.

Sometimes I wish I could temporarily hit Fast Forward, and witness what we will have accomplished near the end of my life time. My thoughts is if I can hit FF, well fuck,I can hit RW too
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

The question that hit me today was, how long will it take before some one tries to force the entirety of the knowledge known to man, directly into the human brain. #1 Would it be possible? #2 Could the human mind hold such an amount of information? #3 Would we go insane from packing our brain with this info?
    1) nope, you'll never live long enough
    2) yep, your brain can even "grow more brains" if it needed to.
    3) I doubt you would go actually insane but depending on what you are studying you could possibly lose the ability to communicate with people or that interest could have you on a level that few will ever comprehend or identify with. One way or another you would probably find yourself very alone, if for no other reason than #1. If you can't even live long enough to succeed, ALL of your free time would have to be spent studying just to achieve the highest possible potential.

edit:

I want to change #2 to no. Even if you could establish a greater retention capacity, time will start wiping where you began clean ... and on. That magnifies the dilemma. Now it isn't just about retaining facts, you also have to continue your practice while learning new subjects. Doctors and Lawyers alone spend the rest of their career in "practice" and those are each a galaxy of subjects brought together as a singular subject in a universe of singular subjects.

Less confusingly, to be a doctor is (ex) 20 subjects, to be one subject... a doctor. Now consider how many more subjects are like this. Now consider that "doctor" isn't even 1 subject. You can be a Heart surgeon, General Practitioner, Dentist, etc.. You could spend the rest of your life studying and not even know everything about medicine/health/surgical procedures/more related
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-07-2013, 07:53 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      The question that hit me today was, how long will it take before some one tries to force the entirety of the knowledge known to man, directly into the human brain. Would it be possible? Could the human mind hold such an amount of information? Would we go insane from packing our brain with this info?
      I heard petabyte drives are coming out soon. Now I just need to get that micro USB plugin in my head and I'll know EVERYTHING!

Maybe it will go to the cloud? so you don't have to hold all the data in your brain but instead you can just do a google search in your brain and your awesome ass implanted cellular signal with 5 full bars downloads any info for us at light speed.

Kind of like the movie Johnny Mnemonic!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Great responses you two!

I put it to rest for a few checking in today, now I postulate this..

I postulate the brain is a finite area,and thus has a capacity. albeit huge,since is neuron level.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
        X