X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Objectivity does not exist."

Objectivity does not exist | University Chronicle

^

I disagree with the person who made that post. I think that objectivity does exist. Science is objective. How could someone argue against scientific proof? Sometimes the news and the media will invite scientists to come onto their shows. Example: There is scientific proof that Global Warming exists. How could you argue against the research of an expert? I think that there is a lot more subjectivity than objectivity in the media. However, objectivity does exist.

ps: I know that it is an old issue, but I think that it is an interesting issue for discussion.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Just a postmodern think, the relativism is very popular among the hipster, but it is not very popular for scientists.
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting | Fox News

Comment

Perhaps he is saying real objectivity is imperceivable by any one person, and might as well not exist to anyone. Even science has problems with measurements- not simply finding exact values, but the act of measuring can cause changes. I would say mathematics is much closer to some sort of objective existence.

Comment

Working...
        X