Gaming with a subwoofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming with a subwoofer

This could be one of the most "reliable" posts I've ever made, but if you are gaming with a speaker set without a subwoofer (usually 2 speakers) then you're seriously missing out. I would highly suggest geting a set with a subwoofer (2 treble speakers and a subwoofer bass speeker) unless you have old people in you're house or someone that works the graveyard shift and sleeps during the day
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Why?
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Ive got a Logitech z560 but due to my situation right now I just dont have the physical space for a 4.1 setup. Im moving in August, I should have it set back up again. Until then, headphones.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I went with no speakers at all and got $20 headphones. Because I'm in a basement and can't afford to have any sound coming out at all. A lot more consideration than the idiots upstairs (or, more often, right outside my door) give me.

On the other hand, it gave me budget room for a geforce 7800 gtx :p (late last year)

Comment

i got a set of creative gigaworks 7.1 speakers and they are the best ive ever had. this is probably my third set of creative speakers thus far (following 2 sets of klipsch speakers and another 2 sets of 2 different speakers for a custom surround setup)

ive also had a hometheater woofer which was quite larger than the klipsch one i used at the time and it was awesome. of course that speaker was broken

currently one of my subwoofer jacks is broken (the speakers connect to the subwoofer which also acts as an amp for all the speakers) so i have to connect the wire which runs the side speakers to the to the rear speaker jack of my soundcard for rear speaker playback. unfortunately my subwoofer has also recently given out. im not sure why this happened since i didnt commit the system to any strenuous playback, however what occurs is a lack of response in certain frequency ranges resulting in a hollow sound

im hoping to at least be given the luxery of sending my subwoofer back for a replacement despite the lack of a purchase receipt

Comment

For the past 8 years I've used the same sound system.

The Altec Lansing 3 piece powercube.

This sound system might be alittle worn down now from 8 years of continious workouts but the subwoofer is still 100% aswell as the cube speakers.

Its amazing how well "strong" this sound system is. not bass wise (only 250watt subwoofer) but how durable and tough it is, I honestly didnt expect it to last this long especially the way I've abused it from sound/bass tests to max volume at parties, everything on the system is still original and funtional to this day!

Altec Lansing WILL be my next sound system when & if I upgrade it.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Yeah speakers just by themselves without a subwoofer, totally suck. The music sounds totally weak and crappy. I just use headphones because they are better for gaming, and don't disturb other people around me.

Comment

I knew someone would post about surround sound. Phenom: Nice... 8 years...
                To me everything should last as long as u need it to if u dont abuse it.
                e|------------------------0---------------
                B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                A|---------------0------------------------
                E|----------------------------------------

Comment

the FOQer is right

this is my setup,straight from the pits of hell =o (and yes,this is how I quake with sounds)

Technics 500watts with built in DolbyDigital,with DSP and SFC mode's.

Pyramid PR4400 Home/Studio 20 Fader Equalizer PR4400
                  20 Band Graphic Equalizer features 10 Left & 10 Right faders

Two 12" Pioneer subwoofers sealed in a factory box with 2 competition Tweeters , it has two 5inch port's on the top =P around 800watts peak power for each woofer!

back when I lived in city/town limits,there was a bar/resturaunt across the street from my house,and when the bar would close,its wasnt abnormal to see the drunks trying to stager there drunk assess across main street Marion VA to try and come party at the Mindzy's crib it also wasnt abnormal for the police to beat on my window and tell me to turn the shit down one time even,they walked in my house and opened my bedroom door while I was chiefing on some dank ass nugs,the cop didnt say anythin except turn that shit down. =o Now days ,when I crank up the jams,I lock all my doors with deadbolts and chains.
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-27-2006, 02:14 PM.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Ah can't find any pics of the ones I have, but I have a bass box with two 500-watt MDX speakers in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X