M.g.o.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.g.o.

Meter Gear Online (ie. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence <Online Mode>). I just recently setup my ps2 so it's connected to a router. It involved digging out and old VCR and a tv that's older than I am (big mafaka with messed up screen and speakers). I then gave mgo a try.

HOLY SHIZZLE! It's fucking awesome! I'm not so much used to the new camera angle (3rd person like WINBACK which differentiates itself from the normal blimp view in mgs) yet. This game is like mgs3 mixed with counterstrike. The box is really effective as well

The game is made so if you draw attention to yourself by running around, ur going to get killed many times. Best to move on and attack covertly. There's instant command keys to help communiticate to your team.

There's also different modes:
    Sneaking Mission - Everyone vs Snake while he steals the microfilm
    Capture - CTF
    Rescue - grab the frog and bring it back to your base. Once it's there the timer will count from 20. bla bla
    Team DM - This really shines unless you have dumbass teammates that run around shooting
    DM - This is intense as you don't have anyone to watch ur back except for your enemies.

Anyone already own this? I want to play against familiar faces. I'm using the same alias as I use in Quake. If you don't own this, atleast rent it and give it a try. You can't go wrong both ways

Last thing I want to add is: watch this kickass video of 2v1. It shows pretty much the joy of deathmatch

It looks like a fun game and sometimes I do play games other than Quake but one thing that turns me off is "team games."

Hehe. I like Quake where I can shoot anyone I see

At risk of derailing your thread, and that isn't my goal, one of the funniest things that happen in a team game was playing Urban Terror last year with Hydro.

Hydro, like in Quake and Quake 3, owned at Urban Terror. He'd snipe kill me before I ever saw him.

Except this one time!

Hydro was standing at a window in some building looking around for me and I patiently trained my crosshair on his head. Then he looked around and then spotted me training my crosshair on him and he acted like he didn't even know what to do, like the thought that I could actually sneak up on him for once had him in disbelief.

I played American's Army and a couple of other team games and man do I suck at team play; I just don't have patience and suck at camping/waiting. And it seems like every team game has footstep sounds.

Anyways ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i couldnt watch 10 minutes of that crap

what in the world is special forces gaming coming to? carrying around cardboard boxes and surviving "claymore" blasts? the least he could do is unfold the fuckin thing. i just dont see it having any substance (pardon the pun)

oh wait, dont pardon the pun

hahahahaha
      Last edited by seighten; 06-30-2006, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Almost as entertaining as watching someone fishing.
        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

I dont have the online adapter for PS2. Instead, I play on the computer all the time.
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
            It looks like a fun game and sometimes I do play games other than Quake but one thing that turns me off is "team games."
            There's DM which is basically FFA

Originally posted by the_f0qer
            I dont have the online adapter for PS2. Instead, I play on the computer all the time.
            The newer ps2 models come with the online adapter already built in

Originally posted by seighten
            what in the world is special forces gaming coming to? carrying around cardboard boxes and surviving "claymore" blasts? the least he could do is unfold the fuckin thing.
            Anyone who's a fan of Metal Gear Solid would enjoy the idea of having the box If claymores and RPGs could instant kill you, then the game wouldn't be any different from QUAKE only true way you can instant kill someone is by shooting the head or jabbing the stomach with a knife.

i just dont see it having any substance (pardon the pun)

oh wait, dont pardon the pun

hahahahaha
            not funny

Originally posted by Spirit
            Almost as entertaining as watching someone fishing.
            funny

Comment

what in the world is special forces gaming coming to? carrying around cardboard boxes....?

Sorry, couldn't resist

But anyway I could probably convince my brother that "Canadian Sniper said this game is worth getting". He's the overobsessive MGS fan in my family.

Comment

what in the world is special forces gaming coming to? carrying around cardboard boxes
                back during the 2nd world war, troops used to disguise themselves as cows in a field full of cows so they could spy on the enemy's movements. Hiding in a box is the next generation of brilliant camoflauge.

huh? what's that.....
                ?
                It's just a box!

ps - quad, make sure ur images work before you post them Use imageshack

Comment

Guess my bro got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor
                    But anyway I could probably convince my brother that "Canadian Sniper said this game is worth getting". He's the overobsessive MGS fan in my family.
                    Whomever is the highest ranking player in each team (team games only) will be able to play as the unique leader character.

Ocelot Unit - Ocelot
                    Advantages:
                    - gets the Single Action Army with ricochet bullets
                    - takes 2 headshots to take him down (thanks to his baret)
                    Disadvantages:
                    - can't move while reloading SAA and yells some mgs3 quote while reloading (gives away location)

GRU - Ivan Raicov
                    Advantages:
                    - is immune the playboy magazines (he's got class)
                    - can stun an enemy but squeezing their balls to the size of a wallnut
                    Disadvantages:
                    - the stun move takes like 10 seconds to complete

KGB - Sokolov
                    Advantages:
                    - comes with Stealth Camoflauge

Comment

T"he newer ps2 models come with the online adapter already built in"
                      I got my PS2 when the slim ones w/ adapter did'nt exist
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer
                        T"he newer ps2 models come with the online adapter already built in"
                        I got my PS2 when the slim ones w/ adapter did'nt exist
                        I figured as much Hat

btw, you messed up in quoting me and you even messed up the quotes! jeezlouis!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                          back during the 2nd world war, troops used to disguise themselves as cows in a field full of cows so they could spy on the enemy's movements. Hiding in a box is the next generation of brilliant camoflauge.

huh? what's that.....
                          ?
                          It's just a box!
                          in wwii battles were fought in large open spaces where people can get a chance to set up fake cows or tanks (along with intel). in this game there is danger around every corner

first of all, he doesnt unfold it. apparently he carries it around with him in some extra-dimension fanny pack. second of all, he's right in the middle of battle, there is imminent danger around all corners. basically its a hotspot all the time. so what merit is a specially trained operative supposed to find in using the tactic of unfolding a cardboard box in the middle of battle? and yes, it is battle because at any time someone can pop out and kill you in the blink of an eye. thats the way it happens in real life and if you think that cardboard boxes are the future of camouflage then you can take this up with navy seals or whoever and watch as they laugh at what a stupid fucking idea it is

watching someone even trying to hide under a box in a box-laden world would only make them shoot at the box anyways, and noone is stupid enough to take that kind of risk with their life (e.g. "hopefully they think its an ambush box!" *chuckles*)

Hiding in a box is the next generation of brilliant camoflauge.
                          HAHAHA

you are obviously such a fanboy. no one in their right mind would say this otherwise
                          Last edited by seighten; 06-30-2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

wow, you completely missed my sarcasm by a mile (1.6 KM) :S

Comment

wow, you completely missed my sarcasm by a mile (1.6 KM) :S
                              He missed it by 5280 feet (63360 in)(160934.4 cm)(1609344000 µm)(1.609344 × 1027 y) : (
                              Last edited by Bank; 07-01-2006, 01:14 AM.
                              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Working...
                              X