Creepy Urban Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepy Urban Legends

Here are 10 Creepy Video Game Urban Legends... I admit that I had chills going down my spine when I read this...

Read at your own risk:

10 Creepy Video Game Urban Legends - Listverse
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Ahhhhhh Polybius, my fave.
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
      Ahhhhhh Polybius, my fave.
      "Whether or not this insidious arcade game ever actually existed is not known." - Jonathan Kaulay.

So Polybius is kinda like Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster... The actual existences of Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster are not known. Polybius will always be a spectacular mystery for kids, teenagers, and young adults.
      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

On Polybius: The story shown isn't totally complete though and there are parts missing. I'll fill it in.

Polybius showed up in arcades in Portland, Oregon around the heat of the arcade boom. It was a mysterious game that was said to combine Tempest and Centipede. It was as addicting as crack. Men in black suits came around every once in a while and collected the data and high scores instead of quarters. (To me, that is the creepiest thing I've ever heard). Some kids that played had siezures, died, and one child even became an anti-video gamer.

So ya they might have forgot to mention that. I spent a lot of time not too long ago researching the hell out of this game and trying to put clues together. I haven't got a clue and many others are the same conclusion. The story alone is just eerie. It's not the kind of tale that would make you afraid of playing games, but I swear, if I found a working ROM of that game or any other games that were a copied version, I would really be scared then. Not that I believe that it does exist somewhere, but somehow it all adds up.... The government noticed the popularity of video games and decided to run secret tests. After they had done the experiment, they erased all the evidence they could and left the loose ends for dead.

Here's a link for a short video on Polybius. The creator calls it Polydeus.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFi6Nqo93e0]DAYWALT HORROR: Polydeus - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The Morrowind one sounds pretty creepy lol. I used to play that game a lot. Interesting article.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            The Morrowind one sounds pretty creepy lol. I used to play that game a lot. Interesting article.
            I wouldn't download that mod (even if someone paid me ten thousand dollars). That mod is very scary in my opinion.

Comment

Polybius sounds like "The Last Starfighter" -_-

Comment

I never found Herobrine scary tbh, I just found it more annoying and attentionskeeing-ish

"Oh look, there is a creepy thing in Minecraft"

I doesn't sit right with me.

Majora's mask I've never played but I thought it was very interesting as a visual and well written game [from what I've seen] I have listened to this as a creepypasta and read it and I really enjoyed it, it did send shivers down my spine. It does make me want to play the game and I [as well as a few of my friends] have tried the 'Hello Ben' on CleverBot but too no avail. Still super enjoyable.

I've also listened too the Morrow Wind one and I can say it had a good idea but no real scare too it. Personally I found that it is more long and monotonous, didn't really creep me out just bored me.

Lavender Town Syndrome has also been done alot but I do personally enjoy it, I sometimes find my self humming it. I do think it's one of the best 'legends' even if is isn't true. I personally haven't seen anything to say it is true, no news reports or anything. But nothing to prove that it is 100% false. Its one you want to hope is real.

However, I am surprised that one of my favorites isn't there. Godzilla NES. That one did scare me a tiny bit. It was mostly a jump because of the way the reader had added images. When I looked up from whatever I was doing, Red turned at the same time and I jumped. I think it was very well done, even if it got a bit cheesy at the end.

I haven't read/listened too/knew about the other ones up there until now.
                Steam: Dirty Panties

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEwbfnCpKA4[/ame]
                  Did someone say 'Creepy Pasta' ??
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by pawlowskinz View Post
                    On Polybius: The story shown isn't totally complete though and there are parts missing. I'll fill it in.

Polybius showed up in arcades in Portland, Oregon around the heat of the arcade boom. It was a mysterious game that was said to combine Tempest and Centipede. It was as addicting as crack. Men in black suits came around every once in a while and collected the data and high scores instead of quarters. (To me, that is the creepiest thing I've ever heard). Some kids that played had siezures, died, and one child even became an anti-video gamer.

So ya they might have forgot to mention that. I spent a lot of time not too long ago researching the hell out of this game and trying to put clues together. I haven't got a clue and many others are the same conclusion. The story alone is just eerie. It's not the kind of tale that would make you afraid of playing games, but I swear, if I found a working ROM of that game or any other games that were a copied version, I would really be scared then. Not that I believe that it does exist somewhere, but somehow it all adds up.... The government noticed the popularity of video games and decided to run secret tests. After they had done the experiment, they erased all the evidence they could and left the loose ends for dead.
                    I love this one, it's probably my favorite of the ten. I had never heard of it before and it's really cool that this kind of legend still exists and people talk about it.

I also really liked the Majora's Mask one. The idea of a haunted video game cart is really cheesy yet spooky at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      Did someone say 'Creepy Pasta' ??
                      Goddamn I love creepypastas
                      My favorite is Godzilla NES and Abandoned by Disney.

They are great

Comment

Best CreepyPasta may be the "Footsteps" series.

Comment

Oh? Do tell? I've listened too the Holder series and Holes fucked me up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4diajtaBr1U]Cry Reads: Holes - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Welp... That's messed up. It's in the same vein as "Penpal", too (of which "Footsteps" is the first "chapter"). Maybe that's why you posted it?

Penpal is kinda literary, and was actually made into a book, thanks to a Kickstarter campaign.

On a similar note, here's a lovely bedtime story for you

Bedtime : nosleep

Comment

Oh my gosh I've read up to here

Friends : nosleep

And I know I've listened to that one and things are starting to make sense in this story line, jesus christ.

Thank you so much for linking me this line. Its so goddamn good!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X