Robin Williams passed away... :*(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Williams passed away... :*(

Robin Williams died today, it is being reported as a suicide.

This makes me very sad.

Best wishes to his family.

R.I.P
    Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

very sad new
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkmxbZTos6w
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

aww really, he's dead?
      he's starred in some great movies.

i especially loved him in bicentennial man, he was great in that movie

sad news to hear he's no more
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

RIP Robin Williams. I met him personally year's ago here at the Sunrise Theater in Fort Pierce, FL along with Ron White.

Very sad indeed.

Comment

I grew up knowing Robin Williams; first movie I seen him perform is "Hook" then wacthing his other movies while growing older.

I heared that he committed suicide because of depression. I don't know why though, he seems to be a very cheery guy and he was a great guest-star in Whose line. It's just so sad.

Comment

Often, the one who laughs loudest is the one who suffers in silence.

Depression is very serious shit, as dangerous and destructive as a festering cancer.

Comment

Not alot of people can figure out, laughter is not always a sign of humor, it can mean uncomfortability very often. When you dont know what to say or do in response to soemthing, laugh. Or turn the entire thing into a joke, to divert the serious nature of the subject. Society does it ALL the time...you can also say its denial. Maybe the person really wants to cry, but they cant, so they laugh.

Turns out Robin recently came to the awareness he was an alcoholic and tried AA. Unfortunately, he drank right after his first meeting....which is a sign usually of a hopless case....hindsight being 20-20 now, yea its moot.

Depression is anger directed inwards. The first thing he said about the AA meeting was that he believed he could not go back because he already relapsed. Usually they are suppose to work closer with people like this and spend more time with them and try to get them a job to do at the meeting, like make coffe for the group or somehting so that they will have a reason to come back. Also really push them to get a sponsor from the group. AA has definately declined over the years unfortunately, and its not as effective as it once was I am sad to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtPp_xIpC4

Originally posted by Shadowswift View Post

Depression is very serious shit, as dangerous and destructive as a festering cancer.
              Last edited by Cobalt; 08-11-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Damn did this ever knock the wind out of my sails.

I grew up with Robin. Mork and Mindy, Popeye, Aladdin, Hook, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam. Then when I got into my teens I saw him shift to more serious roles like Patch Addams, What Dreams May Come, One Hour Photo.

He was one of those actors and comedians that just -had- me the minute he started to talk. He was so surprisingly versatile.

Depression brings with it so many heavy ghosts. Sometimes it comes from nowhere, and like an uninvited guest who refuses to leave. I've fought this same disease since my childhood without reason or cause. Scares and reminds me, how important it is I continue to dedicate my life to living beyond its frantic screaming grip of oblivion.

Robin, I'm so sorry it caught you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frost R17 View Post

I heared that he committed suicide because of depression. I don't know why though, he seems to be a very cheery guy and he was a great guest-star in Whose line. It's just so sad.
                  A little too cheery. He was manic-depressive.

Comment

This sucks. Very sad news indeed!

Comment

My favorite role of his was Dead Poets Society. "O Captain! My Captain!"

Comment

I was incredibly bummed when i found this out yesterday. He was a great comic and performer who managed to stay relevant in every era of the passed 40 years or so. I miss him already!

Comment

I think he will be missed more the Michael Jackson. Just my opinion.

Comment

I think that this is extremely sad... The world lost a very remarkable and talented actor. I will always remember him as a funny wise man.
                            "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Wise words...

Yes, it's horrible that people don't treat depression more seriously-- acting as if they're being ridiculous. I'm sure Robin tried seeking help but just got ignored or told to "lighten up." Or maybe he was too depressed to seek any help.

Comment

Working...
                              X