X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
    Is Trini still running server modules 3.3.12? I think that is where clan 1999 was born. I really liked the hook there as opposed to the really fast one in 3wave. I hope to get in a game or two when I get some time. (We're trying to sell our house. Got both kids out and we're trying to downsize before they come back!)
    I'm not sure, but I can confirm the hook is still toned down. That part we differ on, as I preferred the fast hook over the one at Trini. Funny thing though I refused to play 3wave servers simply because it required downloading stuff. In the early days, if the mod wasn't purely serverside I refused to fool with it.

pretty bone headed move IMO, consider I missed out on some of the best CTF back in the day when it was hella active.

Leave a comment:

• Dilligaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    I playeda couple games of ctf on trinicom today, with Gandalf and his son
    Is Trini still running server modules 3.3.12? I think that is where clan 1999 was born. I really liked the hook there as opposed to the really fast one in 3wave. I hope to get in a game or two when I get some time. (We're trying to sell our house. Got both kids out and we're trying to downsize before they come back!)

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    I used to CaX it up there !
    I also remember a weird runequake server with guided missiles around that time ????

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    Yes pub ctf! I think they had a slower hook though? Or the 3wav style hook on the pub ctf... if i remember right...

Leave a comment:

• smokey
    replied
    pretty sure they had a pub ctf

Leave a comment:

• wicked_lord
    replied
    Originally posted by smokey View Post
    good ctf times there
    I dont recall EROLS running any CTF servers. They had several TDM ports.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I playeda couple games of ctf on trinicom today, with Gandalf and his son

Leave a comment:

• smokey
    replied
    good ctf times there

Leave a comment:

• wicked_lord
    replied
    Originally posted by davedavis View Post
    does anyone remember where erols server was located?
    Washington, DC

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    ^ welcome to Quakeone.com

Leave a comment:

• davedavis
    replied
    does anyone remember where erols server was located?

Leave a comment:

• wicked_lord
    replied
    Use to play at Erols all the time. I pinged 250+ from Florida back then. When i got my DSL i got 100-120

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    ya i live in Kansas so I would ping 80ms there or 70ms in cali.... So i played both coasts all the time!

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    aww

I remember that place!

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    started a topic Erols

Erols

So I work for a non-profit organization that has an ecommerce site selling office supplies, tools, janitorial supplies, etc. Today we got an order from someone with an @erols.com email address... just had to share cause it made me smile when I saw that
Working...
X