HBO's Deadwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's Deadwood

Anyone follow this show? HBO makes some good shows, but Deadwood is one of it's best (next to The Sopranos and Six Feet Under). I've been watching it since it debuted a couple years ago... this past week's episode was excellent. Al Swearengen, the barkeeper at The Gem Saloon (bar and whore house lol) is one of the best characters. He's had some great lines throughout the series:
    -----

Al Swearengen: God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes.

-----

Al Swearengen: You want a blow job while I talk to you?
    Judge: No.
    Al Swearengen: I wasn't offering personally.

-----

Al Swearengen: Be in my joint in two hours, we're forming a fuckin' government.

-----

Al Swearengen: Get a fucking haircut. Looks like your mother fucked a monkey.

-----

Al Swearengen: In life you have to do a lot of things you don't fucking want to do. Many times, that's what the fuck life is... one vile fucking task after another.

I've been planning on checking out Deadwood for a while. I tought it looked interesting when it first came out, but someone told me if wasn't very good. I guess they were wrong as it has an insanely high rating on imdb.
    uakene.com

Comment

I've never seen a 9.6 rating at IMDB before.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

From the quotes sole posted it seems the show is rather predictable. As for the 9.6 rating, most of them are probally pervs.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer
          From the quotes sole posted it seems the show is rather predictable. As for the 9.6 rating, most of them are probally pervs.
          Trust me, the quotes are just extra funny bonuses of the show. The show itself is excellent. Great acting from most of the characters, the storylines are very good and you really get into following most of the characters. If you like shows like 24 then you won't like Deadwood I don't think. If you like character driven shows with plenty of good writing, this is the show for you.

And also note, the reason for the foul language from the character I posted is because he runs the whorehouse. lol

Comment

I also dont have cable, much less HBO. o.O
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I have the middle level cable with none of the movie channels.

It isn't because I don't want movie channels, I just don't want that shitty cable box that goes *crrrzzzz* real loud every time you change the channel and becomes yet another remote control to lose (tv, dvd, vcr, stereo, sheesh).

I can't do pay-per-view, which sucks, but those cable companies need to make non-shitty cable boxes. At the same time, per-per-view is a ripoff, so I guess I'm saving some $$$.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I dumped all my digital and went back to basic with the last increase. Can't believe they charge that much for a boob tube!!! Kids are mad but oh well.
                But never watched the other series on HBO so it was easy to dump

it all. Moms rule Kidz drool !!! hehe

Edited.. I DO miss the damn Sci Fi Channel though.
                www.Net-Tyme.com
                Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I just noticed some carbon copy elements, mainly in general mood and music, of the sister HBO show: Carnivàle. This, to my taste deserves a small minus.
                  Outside of that, Deadwood is a great show (nobody else than HBO stands out of actual production anyway...).
                  My main regret is that Deadwood, as it was the case for Carnivàle, will probably be canceled after a couple of seasons.
                  That's the fate of those shows. Too weird for the spoon-fed TV masses. Will not make enough money...

Ah... Gimme back good old Rod Serling days! Bring back Irwin Allen's Sci-Fi shows...
                  Everything had to be invented and TV was Pandora Box. People were craving for fantasy and ready to get it!

Anyway, as we all know, beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder!
                  Last edited by JohnXmas; 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM.

Comment

JohnXmas, actually Deadwood has already been announced that it's going to be ended after this season... but the reasons cited were cost of production. David Milch, creator/writer of Deadwood, wanted to do one more full season but HBO declined to pay for it's production. They did agree to, however, allow the creation of two 2-hour movies to end the series. I'll be looking forward to that.

And yes, Carnivale was also an awsome show but unfortunately was too wacky and hard to follow for the "basic" viewing audience

Comment

Working...
                    X