Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the health care service in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the health care service in the USA?

In Canada, I enjoy a big universal health care service. I know that the doctors are qualified. The services are good but there is some room for improvement... For example, in Quebec, there are less and less family doctors. In some cases, the waiting times are very long. So how is the health care service in the United States?
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
    In Canada, I enjoy a big universal health care service. I know that the doctors are qualified. The services are good but there is some room for improvement... For example, in Quebec, there are less and less family doctors. In some cases, the waiting times are very long. So how is the health care service in the United States?
    it's fucking expensive. I know first hand, son broke his patella few months back.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yes indeed,Best in the world.If you can afford the best that is.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

you'll love US health care! just be sure you have insurance lol. or face steep prices and a fine. (the fine is bullshit)
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

If I may add my minor opinion... I don't believe in putting a price on someone's health. In other words, medical services should be free. Someone's health is just too valuable. Someone's health cannot be treated like a commodity. No, I'm not dissing the American system; I'm just saying... I still think that the Americans have the best entertainment elements. How many celebrities live in Canada? lol How many celebrities live in the USA? But, back to my point... I believe in free health care, but at the same time, I believe in a double-level health care system.

In a nutshell:

The free system (level) = Everything is free but you must wait in line.
          The rich system (level) = You must pay but you don't have to wait at all.

I hope that I didn't contradict myself. I don't know much about politics; I'm just saying a few things.
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
            If I may add my minor opinion... I don't believe in putting a price on someone's health. In other words, medical services should be free. Someone's health is just too valuable. Someone's health cannot be treated like a commodity. No, I'm not dissing the American system; I'm just saying... I still think that the Americans have the best entertainment elements. How many celebrities live in Canada? lol How many celebrities live in the USA? But, back to my point... I believe in free health care, but at the same time, I believe in a double-level health care system.

In a nutshell:

The free system (level) = Everything is free but you must wait in line.
            The rich system (level) = You must pay but you don't have to wait at all.

I hope that I didn't contradict myself. I don't know much about politics; I'm just saying a few things.
            Everything will eventually have a price put on it. Take water for example.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Denmark has a "free health care" system, where citizens indeed get free health care but of course it needs to be financed somehow. So they did the sensible thing and made it tax-financed.

Denmark also has some incredibly high (and funny) taxes. There's a luxury tax on cars for instance (to be fair, DK has pretty good public transport and most people live in cities.)

Trying to have the cake and eat it too, well the truth is someone will have to pay for medical treatment, equipment, etc. They chose to use taxes to pay for it.

At least that way you only need to tweak one system, the tax system.

It also means you get free healthcare, but you have to work two jobs...
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

The United States 'Health Care' is fantastic if you have the ability to use it to its fullest otherwise you are out of luck. Insurance is expensive. They force people like myself to buy this expensive insurance package or get fined for not having it. The fine goes towards providing health care to those who supposibly can not work or refuse to work and people who live on a low budget income due to certain reasons. I do not have health insurance so I have to pay the fine which is cheaper then the deductible I would have to pay out if I needed to use my insurance. The insurance my job provides cost about $62 per week or $248 a month for their best plan and the deductible is right around $3,700. I would have to pay $3,700 up front cost before my insurance would pay a single penny. So why have health insurance? I have short term and long term disability insurance along with life insurance so if I get injured I still get paid and will worry about the medical bills on my own. Obama has wrecked this country with the change in the healthcare system. My insurance I had before the change was grade A the finest insurance I could afford and had a low deductible of only $500 and my checkups were free, low co pays and so forth. This law only helps those who dont help themselves such as people who refuse to work even though they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  Everything will eventually have a price put on it. Take water for example.
                  The problem is we as Americans sit back and allow the government to do this to us. Rain water is illegal to collect is most states at this present time. If caught you will either be jailed or fined. No man is free unless government is limited.

Comment

The only time I want to see my tax dollars providing health care to someone, is when they can prove they are/were a productive member of society but fell on some hard times (like cancer or going blind or something).

If you were a lazy fuck and sat around smoking pot and playing xbox when you weren't at McDonald's working a fry basket, well...I guess you should've invested in your future a little better than you did by learning a trade skill, getting educated, joining the military, or any combination thereof.

If someone won't invest in themselves, then why should I invest in them? I learned a trade, worked my ass off, and within a few months of employment got a 50/50 deal for health insurance with my employer, because they wanted to keep a good worker. That's not out of the ordinary or a special occurrence; people who work hard get the benefits. That's all there is to it.

Now, obviously this is no longer the case, as our government has fucked over the system, because there are an alarming number of people who don't work hard in America voting for these clowns that promise free healthcare at the expense of our economy, and in the long run, our overall prosperity as a nation.

The welfare system will be the death of this nation, I absolutely 100% guarantee it. The same ill-fit-for-leadership politicians will keep getting re-elected because their constituency is hooked on their hand-outs like crack-whores. And then there are the overly-emotional and compassionate people who vote alongside them. Meanwhile, our economy and rights are going down the drain.

And this is NOT a Republican/Democrat thing. They both have their hands dirty in all this.
                    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

America used to be a rugged nation of independence. Hell, that's how we started back in 1776. That's how we settled the West. That how we kicked ass in WW2. While our men were overseas putting the hurt on Japan and the Germans, our ladies were welding up tanks for god's sake.

If you wanted something bad enough, then by god you got out there and took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                        If you were a lazy fuck and sat around smoking pot and playing xbox when you weren't at McDonald's working a fry basket,
                        LoL, I think you just put the nail in the coffin on this thread. Do not expect many replies.

I agree with your post 100%. Boys in suits reuined this country while men in dirty clothing built this country.

Comment

If you were a lazy fuck and sat around smoking pot and playing xbox when you weren't at McDonald's working a fry basket,
                          How are these things related to health care? McDonalds provides health insurance if you opt-in. Smoking pot and playing xbox are recreational activities that anyone should have the right to enjoy in a free country.

I agree that there are better choices that can be made in a life but, pot smoking, video game playing, McDonalds employees had nothing to do with mandatory health insurance. Our politicians and their failure to read a bill before it was voted on are to fault. This means that, every American that did not utilize their right to speak up and/or remove said politicians are at fault, and gave consent to the infringement of their choice with silence.

Comment

@anubis

Pot and video games are all fine and dandy if you can do them responsibly, on your own time, and on your own dime. Meaning you spend most of your day either working a good job you earned, or training yourself to acquire a good job.

If you are 30 years old and raising a family on food stamps cause all you ever did was work at mcdonald's, that's on you and no one else. It isn't society's fault, and therefore society owes you nothing. And I've noticed that people who don't do jack shit somehow find a way to afford marijuana and video games.

As for the politicians part of your statement, I agree. Except that the real root of the problem is the voters who elect these clowns, and they typically elect them because they are promised something free, like health care and what have you. People love free shit, except that it really isn't free, it's coming out of hard working folks' wallets (like mine).

Originally posted by wicked_lord
                            I agree with your post 100%. Boys in suits reuined this country while men in dirty clothing built this country.
                            Amen.
                            Last edited by Dutch; 06-08-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X