No announcement yet.

Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wth? I thought you had CS:GO & MKX running just fine under Win10???
    Erm, yeah, it was a delayed compatibility malfunction... probably one of the later build updates.
    I had some luck by forcing a BIOS flash to the same version (took me a while to find out how to do that) because apparently on my laptop model flashing the BIOS will fix the problems with the graphics card not being detected... but I'm still having to use workarounds-- I had to use the guru3D.com 'nVidia Inspector' tool to edit my nVidia settings because the nVidia Control Panel still won't open.

I also had... power options... that allowed me to use my laptop's dedicated/discrete graphics card while on battery power, but those disappeared again for some reason, I assume they came in with certain newer versions of the graphics driver, but then didn't install correctly last time?
    And still no word on getting that backupper software running again.

I stick to what i said earlier: I wouldn't upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 again.
    But at least now I've got 'newer games' working again...

Comment

I am sooo glad I did not up to winblows 10.I have been running Win7 for a few years only after seeing you guys happy with it so I left Linux after having some problems with it wanting to lock out the users choice like windows does in all the newer builds,so I gave it the boot.And since theres been no real change in like 5 years there,I see no reason to go back.Other than going all the way back to Slack or Mac,with all the same old problems with drivers so I spose I'm left twiddlin my thumbs for another 5 years.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

Running windows 10 on my brand new system I have built this week !
        Proquake works like before(under XP) , I'am happy
        My servers for the gamers:
        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
        Offline ATM
        fvf.servequake.com
        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
        Offline ATM
        newdm.servequake.com
        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
        sigpic

Comment

After an entire month of being down and reformatting my laptop I finally got windows 10 installed.

First time I installed it as normal just like I did on my 3 home pc's and my other laptop. However my gaming laptop would not take the install. After extensive research and filtering through to find the issue I decided to finally reformat.

Quake is the first thing I reinstalled. I had 12 other games and most of them modified heavily and at this point I don't even want to reinstall them.

BAH!

Comment

I just installed Windows 10 this week and I have to say that I'm really digging it! After getting a few things in order, playing some games and working on my video stuff, everything is working great! The install was pretty painless as well.

Comment

How many of you have disabled all the spying software involved with windows 10? I had a buddy of mine come by who owns a computer repair shop and disable all the spying features within windows 10.

I love windows 10 so far, just hate reinstalling all my games! ;[

Comment

Anyone here running 10 getting this yet: http://consumerist.com/2016/02/24/wi...screen-savers/
                Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

@Wicked_Lord & damage_inc.

I will just put this link up again, for anyone who wants to run through the process :

Windows 10 Is Spying On You: Here’s How To Stop It

I don't mind Win10 but I am only using it because it is the most current MS operating system, my other machines are Win7 & Xubuntu.

I turn all the adware and all the data collection mechanisms off, disabled Cortana and I don't sign into it with an MS email/account, I removed all the apps I can and don't use the start menu. It's kinda strange on reflection why I bother with it at all as it looks and operates like 8.1 (or even 7) now.

I know why.
                  I am trying it out because of the promised advancement of dx12 and because it's new and shiny but in the end I will probably revert to 8.1 or 7.

There is a reason that it is free and it isn't because they are a super kind company
                  and I understand that, but I am not willing to put up with what's asked for in return.

Maybe they might release a version, down the track, that offers a single payment licence without the data mining and adware (and the internet sharing patch system, I have a 0.6mb connection!!!) Then I might bother again. Maybe.

If only Linux supported all the programs I use and all my games on Steam, I would even take the performance hit of them being run through some kind of wrapper rather than use Windows.

tl;dr
                  Hate the f2p, targeted adware, data mining bs that is the Win10 business model.
                  Firewatch is out on Linux, woohoo \o/
                  Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                  https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                  https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                  https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Windows 10 is doing the "captive audience" thing.

I had clear a bunch of animated garbage out of the Start Menu (i.e. advertising) --- it's like it is hostile to the user. Windows is rapidly weirding up all the behaviors and creating a basic ton of moving stuff and oddball icons and such in strange places.

And basically destroying the reputation Windows formerly had. It is a shame.

Windows 7 is the new Windows XP --- the one that I think someone will stay with as long as possible.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      Windows 10 is doing the "captive audience" thing.

I had clear a bunch of animated garbage out of the Start Menu (i.e. advertising) --- it's like it is hostile to the user. Windows is rapidly weirding up all the behaviors and creating a basic ton of moving stuff and oddball icons and such in strange places.

And basically destroying the reputation Windows formerly had. It is a shame.

Windows 7 is the new Windows XP --- the one that I think someone will stay with as long as possible.
                      It reminds me of getting a PC back in the 90's when it was filled with shareware and AOL stuff and whatever else. You'd spend hours removing that stuff after reformatting or getting a whole new package. I hated it then but I'm sort of nostalgic for it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X