Anyone play Guild Wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play Guild Wars?

Just curious if anyone plays Guild Wars.

some people in #qc do, FrikaC, Krimzon and KyleMac do, I know that for certain.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I do!

Comment

Originally posted by TehChozenTwo
        I do!
        Sweet, we should play sometime. I like playing Guild Wars.

Comment

Wait do you play original Guild Wars, or factions? I only have the Original.
          But if you have that post your name or something, and we could meet up sometime.

Comment

I'm probably going to get it soon, is it great? Does the no-cost per-month make up for any problems? IE, is this the poor-man's WoW?
            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by TehChozenTwo
              Wait do you play original Guild Wars, or factions? I only have the Original.
              But if you have that post your name or something, and we could meet up sometime.
              I only have original. I want to get factions but I want to play through the original first.

My name on Guild Wars is: Leif Gottsche

go ahead and add it to your friends list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                I'm probably going to get it soon, is it great? Does the no-cost per-month make up for any problems? IE, is this the poor-man's WoW?
                Yeah its really good. the no fees part is nice since you really don't have to worry about being online all the time just to get your moneys worth, You have a choice of either doing PvP or just regular RPG I don't really know what the difference is since I never played the PvP, You also don't have to rely on other people to help you out since you can get henchmen (bots) to help you. As for character customizations. You can only be the human race for now even though the company said they will put other races later on. I never got interested in WoW. I prefer Warcraft as a strategy game rather than a MMORPG. Personally, Guild Wars is alot less confusing from previous mmorpgs I have played IE Final Fantasy 11, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Comment

I want to get this game as well, just never have yet. I played the beta whenever it was released and it was fun.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty much committed to buying it today, and from what I know of the classes, you can pretty much mix between primary and secondary professions?

I'm not really a fighter, but not really a mage either, would a Mesmer/Monk be good? Or a Mesmer/Necromancer? I like the idea of being able to control people : D

Comment

I'd say just buy the game and try out each class Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                        Well, I'm pretty much committed to buying it today, and from what I know of the classes, you can pretty much mix between primary and secondary professions?

I'm not really a fighter, but not really a mage either, would a Mesmer/Monk be good? Or a Mesmer/Necromancer? I like the idea of being able to control people : D
                        There is so many combonations. I first tried a Warrior/Elementalist and it was kind of a pain for me since the Elementalist test was hard. I'm a Warrior/Monk since it works out really well for me. I like healing my party while giving them good defense. Mesmer's are really great since they can reflect an enemies spell back on to the caster. I really don't know much about Mesmer's but I played with some that are really good. Just fiddle around you can have an unlimited amount of characters in Guild Wars.

Comment

My main character is a Elementalelist/Monk.

Comment

I've been doing quite well with a Ranger/Mesmer

Comment

I have Guild Wars but probly only played it for 5 hours total.. maybe I'll pick it back up one of these days.. It sits on my shelf and calls to me when I try to figure out what to play but Quake 1 always bitch slaps it and starts it self... wierd i know.. but Quake don't take no shit from a MMORPG.

*Phenom's Quake CD's cloudy eyes glare angrily at Phenom for mentioning that whore GW again*

I sware it was a 1 time thing! and I didnt even enjoy it!
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X