B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

To put it simply, PC rocks, Mac blows.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Windows is a refined operating system and Mac OS/X is on it's way to being a refined operating system.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

WAY TO START US OFF ON YOUR OWN THREAD FOQER!!!

Windows = Pretty much good at 80% of everything. Newbs get viruses.
        Mac = Very good for multimedia work. Newbs don't get viruses.

Comment

Mac is for noobs and old ladies, little kids too (thats why the elementary school near me uses Macs). It has no features practically, and you can't play games worth shit on it.

windows owns. very robust and any game can be played on it.

Comment

Strangely enough, searching "Windows vs Mac" gets me all these Mac promotional pics while the only Windows pics I find are ghey blogs of Bill Gates.

OMFG MAC > WINDOWS =O

OMFG COMPUTERS ARE TEH SUX =O

OMFG WINDOWS

I like Windows

Comment

Not that old Mac vs PC bullsh*t again?!?

Opinions like Mac sucks, Winblows, Mac for ladies and ***s, PC for brainwashed nerds, etc. reflect opinion of any a**hole out there. You wanna talk about it? Use them both first. I do.

Games. Yes, if you want to play, PC is the machine of choice. Choose a big one, kickass video card. You have a winner.
              Outside of games, CD/DVD reading and burning or compression software. Nothing else on my PC. No internet connection either.

PCs are in each and every office around the world - Man, more than 90% of the cpu world is on PC!
              You can't avoid it, it's everywhere. So, learn to use it!

I'm working on Mac (multimedia, graphic design and music) cause it's stable as hell.
              System install, updates and maintenance are simple. Once done, just forget it.
              Macs are preferred machines in most professional recording studios and print houses.
              Production workflow reliability and compatibility are the main words here.

After more than 15 years of internet connection, not a single virus on any of my Macs!
              Since OS X, I even use nothing but a simple desktop firewall.

Macs are about 3 times the price of a PC equivalent, but to many users, Apple software bundle is the way to go.
              Once you get the machine installed, you don't need anything else.
              So easy and convenient, even grannies, kids and noobs can go for it.
              Sure!
              Buy a Dell for your grandma. Then send her to buy sofware!
              Or give one of those sleek Alienware box to a noob. Then who will hunt the actual hardware jungle?
              If you're a wise and experienced computer user, this might be fun...

More simply, I want to say this: none of those machine/system suck.
              They both have their advantages/inconvenients.
              You have to know what you want to do with a computer.
              If you don't, find some person of knowledge.
              Then, buy a machine for your needs. Big or small. Mac or PC.
              Or both...

Between my two machines no sarcastic contempt!
              They happily share the same monitor, mouse and keyboard at the touch of a KVM switch!

Ah! New Intel Macs boot on both OS X and Windows.
              Small is the Mac universe but wide is the world access compatibility!
              I run MacDrive on my PC. Fine program...

Comment

I've used both, even going back to those shitty little hockey-puck mouse ones, and my opinion of Mac is still quite low. What's stability when it feels like you're using a toy? I like being able to directly do things to my computer, without going through worthless toy-like interfaces and sending away the computer just to get new parts.

Macs are a whole lot of talk if you ask me, their superior graphics editing capabilities their only selling point.

Comment

I never had to send back any of my Macs for hardware maintenance.
                  They never broke! Simple and easy as toys, that's the whole point!
                  Doing serious work with a toy, what a fun!

A PC is a *serious* machine, yup!
                  That's why it's my main playground!
                  I don't joke with games...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnXmas
                    I never had to send back any of my Macs for hardware maintenance.
                    Not maintenance, new parts(IE, video card/sound card/whateva). I'd hate to be the guy who unhooks all that ridiculous plastic.

Comment

It seems as though the MAC has alot of plastic shit inside. That cant be good for cooling.
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Macs are very nice and I will probably get one as a 2nd machine (well, 3rd or 4th) at some point.

That screenshot above is one I made on a Mac, I've used them first hand for a while am rather familiar with them.

What I didn't like about Mac is part of the operating seemed to be based on Steve Job's "idealism". The one button mouse idea was terrible, no one wants to be without a mouse wheel and because the mouse had one button, there were a trillion "shift-clicks" required in applications and I hated that. At least they finally corrected this, but Steve Jobs was stubborn in sticking with that long after it became very apparent it made the operating system worse and not better.

As far as Safari went, it has a lot of neat features and looks nice, but the browser wasn't on par with, say, FireFox or even Opera -- but you can get FireFox and variants for OS/X so that quickly becomes a non-issue -- but I didn't like how Safari's pop-up blocker wasn't enabled by default.

The operating system is in many ways a lot better than Windows, it is more secure and a lot of things are a LOT easier. The lack of a registry is a definite plus when installing and moving applications and data files. Backing up files is incredibly easy on a Mac and things are very transportable because applications live in their own little folder, instead of being sprawled out all over the hard drive like Windows (which is one reason the OS is so secure).

They need to get high quality, reliable and stable application development tools for the Mac -- for free -- for it to take off.

It is a very good operating system, but I hope they fix the things that hold it back.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                          sound card
                          No such stuff on Macs!

Mac OS X Core Audio integrates everything audio into the operating system.
                          Better performances, lower latency and least incompatibilities...

Comment

LINUX!

Isn't the Mac OS 10 made from a linux kernel or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by TehChozenTwo
                              Isn't the Mac OS 10 made from a linux kernel or something like that?
                              Mac OS X is an UNIX-based operating system.

Comment

Working...
                              X