Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets take a 17Mbit▼10Mbit▲Xfinity IPv6? for a spin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets take a 17Mbit▼10Mbit▲Xfinity IPv6? for a spin.

Let's have some fun with this connection!

Interested in seeing HD Multiplayer Quake streams? Everything a singleplayer purist would turn on, all those bells and whistles running real time lighting and shadows of Quake players throttling quad lightning guns in yesmads face. TDM,CA,RA,RuneQuake,CTF,RQuake COOP, etc ?

Want to turn it into a 'thing' ? Want to be apart of a 'thing' ? We could make a 'thing' and put it on Youtube Gaming / Twitch . I don't know what that thing would be called, but I know we could probably use a voice. Someone confident into talking to a Quakeone.com audience, knowing the players would be a huge advantage.... when player X shows their ass it would be broadcast. That sounds awesome.

People already established with the multiplayer community (prefering,obviously,you and I know each other for starters) for better or worse welcome.

Wonder who could nail that, that definitely isn't me. I'm in-game doing something, but maybe I could voice comm with a host.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 02-14-2016, 12:44 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

i have a twitch account i used to stream while playing ; not like the average streamer now-a-days just me playing/chasecam no voice over or silly face cam, back when twitch first came out.
    i havent had much time anymore though. But i coild stream demos of matches as my gigabit connection can handle it
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
      i have a twitch account i used to stream while playing ; not like the average streamer now-a-days just me playing/chasecam no voice over or silly face cam, back when twitch first came out.
      i havent had much time anymore though. But i coild stream demos of matches as my gigabit connection can handle it
      What we need is, in my opinion, to put a spotlight back in Q1 multiplayer is...

1st Elite GFX streaming, like Qrack 100% graphical enhancing. Must look good!
      (The idea is to make people be like, WOW THATS QUAKE? NO FN WAY!)

2nd Someone who knows the multiplayer community (really well) and can adlib information about players and games on a stream, essentially a voice who's comfortable enough with ~mod being played,knows terms fluently enough they could know when Team A or B loses control, gets control, Team A's ringer get's discharged, anything to this affect essentially, and isn't bashful. This person would carry 90% of the weight on whether this concept/idea turned into something worth while, not to sell us short before anything is even accomplished , I'm just saying...... they could make or break it.

r00k, I bet you would be awesome at doing that part (plus your super L33T internet connection & computer could handle 60fps streaming. I just tried 1920x1200 @ 60fps and failed miserably to achieve 60fps.

Pretty sure my CPU isn't going to cut the mustard, later on I'm going to try forcing MKX onto 3 cores and force OBS onto the opposite 3 cores w/ high priority, pretty sure that's a best case scenario, short of putting MKX on 2 cores, giving other 4 to OBS with MKX having high priority.

Iunno, but I want to target 60fps, even if that means using a smaller resolution.

R00k can you pull off 1080p (or better) @ 60 fps streaming?
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

My download connection is 0.6mb/s

You could snail mail me HD screenshots quicker than i could download them.

*sob*
        Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Mindz where were you last night when you were supposed to be streaming Mortal Kombat 10
          I didn't see you logged on to Steam

Comment

My connection was just raised from Comcast. It is now 150mbps down 35mbps up...

Should have no issue handling it.

Comment

For $299.95 a month I could get Comcast 2GB down 500mbps up. Fok that price though.

Comment

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                sigpic

Comment

Last edited by R00k; 02-22-2016, 10:02 AM.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    You are lucky they installed it in your area. I contacted google and they emailed me back and said it would be 15 to 20 years before my city of 175,000 residents would even see fiber from google. By that time I will probably have moved from Florida to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                      For $299.95 a month I could get Comcast 2GB down 500mbps up. Fok that price though.
                      ouch! does that package also serve breakfast in bed, and a good compilmentary tugging whenever you want it? jeez

Comment

Working...
                      X