Super Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Powers

I personally believe that everyone has one or more super powers. By super powers I mean an ability to do things better than the average person or maybe even better than an above average person. The determining factor is whether or not it is a learned skill or a talent. You obviously can't say you have super plumbing powers if you are comparing yourself to a large majority of people that aren't plumbers. In contrast, if you can look at an object and determine with exceptional accuracy what it's measurements are, that would fall in the talent category and could be contrasted with every living person.

My question is simply, what is/are your super power(s)? You can use skill and/or talent but in the skill department you decrease the people you are comparing yourself to to only those which also have that skill. I tossed around whether or not I should kick it off with mine and decided I shouldn't. If this thread gains any participation/interest I'll share like everyone else.

Edit: Bonus Points if your Super Power can't be easily reasoned. For instance, I have a high QQ (question quotient) to say I have super puzzle solving powers wouldn't be all that amazing considering anyone with my QQ or higher would have these powers.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-24-2016, 04:52 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

I used to be a 2500 elo paladin main on WoW EU. Not boasting or anything :^)

Seriously though I'm not sure, I'm really self conscious because of my aspergers and I know I can struggle with certain things. But I'd say that my abhorrent communicative skills have steadily gotten to a point where I'm comfortable talking to strangers and just doing normal things.

I can't imagine that it's particularly exciting for others but it makes me happy to know how much I've improved, and it has definitely helped me develop any kind of personal relationships with others.

Also I can pick things up in seconds, except pointers because how the tits do pointers work :c (Just started learning C, and pointers have come up for the first time and every time I think I get it I realise I have no clue what I'm doing. Although it sometimes works.)
    twitch
    wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
      Seriously though I'm not sure, I'm really self conscious because of my aspergers and I know I can struggle with certain things.
      Damn. sorry Omac, I had no idea. I feel so guilty now after playing you in a 1v1 on Damage as I joined under the impression I was going to get blasted to bits by a younger, quicker more experienced player, so I tended to play more strategically. [Shame mode on] You have my permission to give me a free one of these next time...

Kr's

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I don't think I have any super powers, I'm just plain old me
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Nah dude it's fine, I'm not going to be bothered if I get stomped in a game. I'm self conscious but I'm not crazy :p

It's mostly when thinking about myself, a good example is when you have to write down skills and such on a CV. I just think "I uh, I'm a really good gamer when I set my mind to it and practice". But having spoken to my boss lately it turns out that I'm an incredibly valuable person and have skills all over, it's just that I've grown up doing a lot of this stuff (mostly tech stuff) so I just see it as normal.

However I might have to git gud and try a rematch some time ;P
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

You won't have to try very hard to beat me Playing against Peg, Polarite, Stalker, Sir Henry, Dude, on the other hand.. well that's a different story.
            Perhaps play RQuake coop with me sometime on Flanders in BE or New york as we can work together against the Monsters instead of against each other? There are some great maps and it's just a bit of fun

Still no super powers though

Kind regards

Monty
            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 03-25-2016, 04:32 PM.
            Mr.Burns

Comment

@Mr Burns - you have a super power in my perception. You are one of the very rare people in this world with exceptional respect and tolerance.

@OMac - sorry to hear about your Aspergers but, glad to hear you are learning to control it. Maybe that's your super power.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Yeah Burns is a super chill guy, probably one of the nicest people on here I've spoken to.

Thanks, I think if I really had a super power it'd be my ability to soak information. However my achilles heel to that is how I find it really hard to focus on something for long periods of time. Even when writing these replies, it's just like I stare at the screen and see symbols that don't mean anything. Or a perfect example, I've started so many interesting gaming projects over the past few years it's hard to keep count, but I just burnout really fast. That said working full time helps a lot as I'm working to deadlines in a controlled environment that gives me everything I need. I'm also trying to kick myself into getting a cheap domain for a wordpress blog or something of that nature that gives me something to toy with and since I'm paying, will incentivize me into actually posting on there, which in turn will mean I might get to a solid point with my projects.
                twitch
                wew lad

Comment

ive always been adept at certain things i wouldnt call them superpowers the more you have a passion to study the small things in life the more your perspective changes anyone can dedicate their life to studying about how we come about and perception and energy i was fortunate enough to have the time to do that there is nothing as beautiful as being about to see the human aura

Comment

the cool thing is anyone can do it.

Comment

OH

ph0cus indirectly reminded me, I'm a synthesiac. I see crazy colours and stuff when I listen to certain music. it's pretty scary, but when I'm really tired it can be relaxing (for an idea of how synthesia can affect somebody check out a game called Rez)

I'd say its a super power, I get to see magical colours if I listen to electronic music loudly
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

yeah i respect your views thanks for the opinion

Comment

Working...
                        X