Flat Earth Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    The god of that world is the god of a people not of a random chance universe. In other words, if this earth is a sphere within one of billions of galaxies God couldn't give 2 shits about you because you were an accident to begin with.
    With all due respect, I don't see how the geometry of the planet coincides with God giving a shit about us. I think that 2016 campaign trail is enough evidence to prove that we are, indeed, an accident (ooh, topical).

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

It's not so much about the shape of the earth it's the facts that that shape imply.

A round earth claims we are one planet in one galaxy in a universe of billions of galaxies. This means our life and all other life is based on random chance.

A flat earth surrounded by a dome firmament means we are the entire universe and therefore everything becomes much more exacted as opposed to random chance.

A round earth implies we evolved into whatever we are today based on billions of years of evolution. Meaning yet again that we were an accident.

A flat earth implies that we were specifically put here.

@billions of years - I realize we haven't evolved over billions of years. I am speaking more along the lines of us evolving clean from the moment of the supposed big bang.

I do not believe that random chance evolution experiments have a God any more than I believe that mold on bread has a god.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

This fellow declared the Earth was flat in 1966.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Aziz_ibn_Baz

Which irritated the King of Saudi Arabia, in part because Egyptian scholars had some laughs at Saudi Arabia's expense.

But in 1985 after a talk with this fellow -- who had been in space -- he changed in his mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_bin_Salman_Al_Saud
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

what if we're all 2 dimensional inside a side scroller simulation?

Comment

A flat earth surrounded by a dome firmament means we are the entire universe and therefore everything becomes much more exacted as opposed to random chance.
            In Earth version 1.0, he did make it a flat surface. Children, the very clumsy and people distracted while texting managed to fall off.

He had to scrap that idea and he came up with Earth 2.0!

A flat wraparound surface. It was a new fangled thing at the time.

I do not believe that random chance evolution experiments have a God any more than I believe that mold on bread has a god.
            You have more faith in "random" than I do.

Is anything random? I thought everything worked off "cause and effect".

If nothing is random, you could run the clock back to the beginning, calculate everything out billions of the years in the future --- and have today exactly as it is.

Unless you believe in effects without a cause.

People "think" they have "free will". That idea works great, until they try to go on a diet or start exercising or quit smoking or whatever.

There is no free will. If "free will" existed, you could make decisions you hadn't thought of. But instead, either you learned something or talked to someone or saw something perhaps in the news.

Which is just a human reacting to information put in front of them. Maybe mixed a bit with their current frame of mind and information put in front of them in the past (education, life experiences, etc.)

Cause and effect. Not "free will". Not "random".
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

devolution is real.

Comment

Not here, where I live. No matter what I do, if I buy something that is damaged, they won't give my money back, despite having...

Oh, wait. Devolution. As opposed to evolution.

Comment

I can't believe in 2016 some people actually think the world is flat
                  and we never landed on the moon. "Why don't we go back?" i roll my eyes.
                  Maybe because there is no trace of life there? lol these idiots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqq4rJiQJI

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    There is no free will. If "free will" existed, you could make decisions you hadn't thought of. But instead, either you learned something or talked to someone or saw something perhaps in the news.

Which is just a human reacting to information put in front of them. Maybe mixed a bit with their current frame of mind and information put in front of them in the past (education, life experiences, etc.)
                    Interesting. The flat Earth has expanded beyond reality and into the human subconscious. This thread's now a Christopher Nolan movie.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by Davers View Post
                      I can't believe in 2016 some people actually think the world is flat
                      and we never landed on the moon. "Why don't we go back?" i roll my eyes.
                      Maybe because there is no trace of life there? lol these idiots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqq4rJiQJI
                      Hmm, We have never been to the moon. People who believe we have are full of it. According to NASA they claim to NOT have the technology to go to the moon. I live 60 miles from Cape Canaveral, FL and have gone there plenty of times and spoke to several people and when I ask them why don't we go back, that is their answer, *Waiting on technology* and when I tell them we went to the moon July 20th 1969 they say that technology is old and out dated and the newer technology needs to be updated. So yeah we have NEVER gone to the moon. Obama clearly said in a live television speech that we have to come up with technology to get past a certain point in the atmosphere in order to return to the moon and eventually go to mars. So how about YOU keep believing these hollywood lies, I refuse to believe it without proof, a picture and short video clip is NOT PROOF!

Comment

But this is about the Earth?
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Faked moon landings isn't old skool. That's boring.

If you insist the moon is made out of cheese, that's old skool.

Maybe someone with the "moon is made out of cheese" point of view will post in this thread and then we'll have quality entertainment.

Comment

On topic: If the Earth is flat, how did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor?

Must have been a real pain for the Japanese to fly across Asia and then Europe and then the Atlantic Ocean and then the continental USA and then more ocean

-- to attack the base at Pearl Harbor.

They would have needed about 15 dedicated Japanese bases all over the world for refueling for that trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                              On topic: If the Earth is flat, how did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor?

Must have been a real pain for the Japanese to fly across Asia and then Europe and then the Atlantic Ocean and then the continental USA and then more ocean

-- to attack the base at Pearl Harbor.

They would have needed about 15 dedicated Japanese bases all over the world for refueling for that trek.
                              Maybe they didn't and it's all a back story to my Truman show...

Yeeaaahhh, I think I'm getting this now...

The Universe (Earth as well) was created on 1981 August 17th at around 4:00am in the morning. Don't ask the researching scientist, they know jacksh!t and or lie. #ShareBrilianceOnSocialMedia
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                                Hmm, We have never been to the moon. People who believe we have are full of it. According to NASA they claim to NOT have the technology to go to the moon. I live 60 miles from Cape Canaveral, FL and have gone there plenty of times and spoke to several people and when I ask them why don't we go back, that is their answer, *Waiting on technology* and when I tell them we went to the moon July 20th 1969 they say that technology is old and out dated and the newer technology needs to be updated. So yeah we have NEVER gone to the moon. Obama clearly said in a live television speech that we have to come up with technology to get past a certain point in the atmosphere in order to return to the moon and eventually go to mars. So how about YOU keep believing these hollywood lies, I refuse to believe it without proof, a picture and short video clip is NOT PROOF!
                                Moon rocks are proof.. you can't find this material on earth.
                                Anyone who thinks we never went to the moon, is probably best to continue to wear the tin-foil hat and stare at the sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X