No announcement yet.

Flat Earth Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care to prove how these rocks simply can't be found anywhere on Earth, considering we haven't even finished exploring our oen oceans?

Comment

Originally posted by Davers View Post
      Anyone who thinks we never went to the moon, is probably best to continue to wear the tin-foil hat and stare at the sun.
      They're manipulating me, goddammit! I know it! Have you SEEN these supposed moon rocks?! NO! IT'S THE GOVERNMENT TAKING OVER! MULDER PREDICTED IT! IT'S THE END!!!

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

There are satellite photos of the various Apollo landing sites taken from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, which orbits the moon.

But someone who thinks the moon landings were fake generally already made it clear that anything short of sending them personally to the moon to inspect the landing sites won't count as evidence.

Which isn't an unreasonable point of view, "I'd have to see it to believe it." isn't unreasonable.

But since "it ain't gonna happen", any such debate is futile by definition from the start.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blSTTFS8Uco[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yLGeviU8FM[/ame]

Flat earth? I think not, Flat Universe? Sure, that seems possible.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

de evolution

Comment

Originally posted by Davers View Post
              Moon rocks are proof.. you can't find this material on earth.
              Anyone who thinks we never went to the moon, is probably best to continue to wear the tin-foil hat and stare at the sun.
              I will gladly wear that hat. We have space debris hitting earth often, not hard to call them moon rocks.

Nasa still claims we don't have a way to "get to the moon" not "return to the moon" if we had the technology already why not advance and re-use? Pure lies is all it is. The space race was full of crap, Russia & China have never gone to the moon do more space mission's then the U.S. does and have even clearly called the U.S. out on it's supposed moon visit, Yet I am the one who wears a tin foil hat, yours must be covered in rust, scrub it clean and come back when it's done.

Comment

We've had a few moon landings, haven't we? Are all of them believed to be staged?

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  But someone who thinks the moon landings were fake generally already made it clear that anything short of sending them personally to the moon to inspect the landing sites won't count as evidence.
                  Ding!

Some people need to thrown in an ocean before they believe water is wet.

___

So far the only 'evidence' on the flat Earth claims I've heard is "The horizon is a straight line!" which to me seems like that statement comes from a small thinking mind, not necessarily a stupid person but someone who can't see past their self.

Lets give some pretty pictures for people...

Lets say you were standing on your 'flat-earth'... here it is now:

While this is a very crude and pixilated example imagine you're just a tiiiiny little spec viewing the horizon like the big thinking champ you are... Now lets zoom out a little bit to get a bigger picture...Watch what happens to your flat-earth...

-5x zoom:
                  Ok so with our view point changed we can see that there is a curve there!
                  Human beings are not big(tall) enough to see the curvature of the Earth, we are small tiny insignificant specs compared to the size of the Earth... and up close the earth may appear flat but if science tells us anything it's that mass attracts mass and nature finds the route of least resistance which in this case would be a sphere... a shape that has it's mass equally distributed on all degrees, not a coin shape or 'flat-Earth'.

Here's what the picture looks like when we zoom out fully:

Someone claiming the Earth is flat would need to bring to the table proof, not just a 2 dimensional photo that shows Earth or stating 'I can't see curvature'. Please don't start into that whole 'Aliens created the Earth' bit as once it crosses that line you can start making assumptions that the Moon is made of cheese.

To say the Earth isn't flat from your perspective is like an astronaut saying "There's no life on Earth because I can't see it from the space station.

Keep an open mind but not so open your brains fall out!
                  Last edited by Phenom; 04-10-2016, 03:26 PM.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

The Earth was still round this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jrLXkuKcw (for you davers)

Comment

The world is a funny place where people try to make sure everyone agrees on things --- as if uniformity and group think are a good thing.

They aren't. Diversity in perspectives in a strength, not a weakness.

It is largely unique to the United States to be able to have any opinion on any topic and the freedom to express it.

Besides, holding a "group think" point of view is not necessarily thinking.

If you haven't considered the alternatives or don't know why you have a certain point of view or never questioned it ...

It really isn't your point of view, nor is it thinking ...
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

If the moon landings were fake (and if actually about this topic at all --- which I don't), I would offer 2 questions:

1) Why do the videos NOT show stars? They had sci-fi stuff in the 1950s/1960s like Lost In Space, Twilight Zone, etc. and common perception was that if you were on a planet with no atmosphere you would see stars.

2) Why would the government sponsor the high special effects budget of the jack-assery in this video?

I mean, if you have budget for film making, why would you let astronauts do really stupid shit that would be expensive?

I don't care one way or the other, and have no interest in the actual topic.

But contrary to the "conspiracy theory" point of view, which holds the "lack of stars" as the strongest evidence that the moon landings were fake, I hold that as the strongest evidence that the moon landings were real.

"Average joe" thinks there should be stars in the background. So why didn't Hollywood?

(I don't care about the moon landings. Nor Mars, which would be a suicide mission. I think space exploration is important, but it is fantasy we will have a moon base or a base on Mars or even a meaningful orbiting space station with people living on it.)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2adl6LszcE[/ame]

Comment

Film exposure, that's why you can't see any of 'em in the videos. I don't get why there's people who think they're faked, and I don't get why people in 2016 would still think the Earth is flat-- and honestly it's a rather scary thought that there are still people who do believe this.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                            Film exposure, that's why you can't see any of 'em in the videos. I don't get why there's people who think they're faked, and I don't get why people in 2016 would still think the Earth is flat-- and honestly it's a rather scary thought that there are still people who do believe this.
                            if you believe we went to the moon, pack up and take a trip to Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, FL I live 60 miles from it and have been there 2-3 dozen times. Go ask almost anyone who works there even astronauts why we have not gone back to the moon and majority of them give you the same answer, "we don't have the technology currently" So if we had the technology in the 60's and 70's why do we not have it now? All I hear is people claiming that NASA retired the technology and want's to create newer technology to go back. That's a crock of crap. The reason we can't get to the moon is that we have no way of getting past the Van Allen Radiation Belt. If you bring this up they simply give you a bullshit answer such as, We didn't know "enough" about this belt when we went to the moon. The belt was discovered in 1958 way before we went to the moon and they knew then they could not get past it. In 2014, China said they have no evidence, or even viable proof the U.S. had ever gone to the moon. In July of 2015 Russia ordered an investigation into the U.S. about it's so called "we landed on the moon" and wants the evidence to prove it. The U.S. said they don't have to prove anything to anyone. I do agree with that, but if you really went to the moon, let's see real fact's and not some hollywood made up crap, such as photo's, little clips of astronauts bouncing around, and made up moon rocks.

As for the earth, It's round. I believe that truly. I travel this country (U.S.) from coast to coast and border to border, all 48 states, to many thing's just driving tell you this earth is round.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                              The reason we can't get to the moon is that we have no way of getting past the Van Allen Radiation Belt. If you bring this up they simply give you a bullshit answer such as, We didn't know "enough" about this belt when we went to the moon. The belt was discovered in 1958 way before we went to the moon and they knew then they could not get past it.
                              That's pretty cool.

According to this guy what they did was plot a course mostly north of the Van Allen Belt, avoiding the most intense part, and only spent --- if I read it correctly -- 70 minutes traversing it -- to minimize the exposure.

And that a straight shot route would have been fatal.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                                You read what I said in reverse.

I was saying if the moon landings were faked ...

Wouldn't you have stars in the background of a faked video? [since that is what people expect to see because of movies]

Comment

Working...
                                X