Flat Earth Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    According to this guy what they did was plot a course mostly north of the Van Allen Belt, avoiding the most intense part, and only spent --- if I read it correctly -- 70 minutes traversing it -- to minimize the exposure.
    And that a straight shot route would have been fatal.
    Hmm... they don't teach you that shit about Apollo 11 in elementary school, do they?

I have two questions about this thread:

1. If they truly did fake the moon landing, how do you explain the rocket they sent up there? Special effects weren't (and still kind of aren't) at that point of realism yet. Would they have truly spent the hundreds of millions of dollars needed to make a fully functional rocket, launched it in to space and then broadcasted it on live television, just so they could show some footage of a Kubrick directed soundstage? I don't see the US wasting that kind of money for an elaborate rouse.

2. Wasn't this thread about the Earth being flat? Where the hell did this moon stuff come from, and why does it even matter?

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
      2. Wasn't this thread about the Earth being flat? Where the hell did this moon stuff come from, and why does it even matter?
      A) Do you believe stuff because an authority figure told you ...
      B) Or is it more interesting to know why you believe something?

A decent amount of news or facts presented by the media is at least partially false.

Often it is innocent. Sometimes it is deliberate. Sometimes is true but intentionally very misleading. Many times, no one does any fact checking.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
        HWould they have truly spent the hundreds of millions of dollars needed to make a fully functional rocket, launched it in to space and then broadcasted it on live television, just so they could show some footage of a Kubrick directed soundstage? I don't see the US wasting that kind of money for an elaborate rouse.
        You don't think our government would waste that kind of money? I work for a government contractor, I see the waste every single day, Sure they would spend million's to keep other countries at bay and claim to have the best technology in the world. Remember this was a "race to the moon" and America don't like to lose.

FYI - Earth is still round as of 8:45pm EST on 4/12/2016

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
          You don't think our government would waste that kind of money? I work for a government contractor, I see the waste every single day, Sure they would spend million's to keep other countries at bay and claim to have the best technology in the world. Remember this was a "race to the moon" and America don't like to lose.
          So, in order to cop-out Americans and the entire planet, they built a fully functioning, unmanned, multi-stage rocket and sent it off into space? Despite some of the country's more frivolous spending habits, I highly doubt they'd waste all of that money for a big firecracker. Plus, there were tons of witnesses to the event. And, if there was a supposed "fake rocket", wouldn't another country have picked it up via satellite at some point?

Comment

Not proof, but Neil Armstrong had a look on his face of "Holy shit, I actually walked on the moon!".

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

However, this one is more interesting:

Picture on the right was taken by a Japanese probe in 2008.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri5xjnHHZyg[/ame]
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

"Didja see that? I fucking WALKED on that moon." - Neil Armstrong, after walking on the moon.

Comment

"it was a bit cold, I'd rather be at home with a nice cuppa" - neil armstrong
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

lunar laser ranging experiments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvL7fHnAB8

Comment

Ok ok ok lets get back on topic before it's to late!

-Why would the Earth be the only flat planetary object in our solar system?/Viewable Universe(Multiverse to you dimensional beings.)
                        -Where exactly would one side of a flat Earth stop and the other side begin?

I've put a lot of thought into 'flat-Earth theories' and watched/read a lot of information about those who claim such things and while their beliefs make sense, they only really make sense if you bend the rules of not only nature but belief. It just doesn't add up.

But some people need to drop the soap before they believe prison is a horrible place.
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          But some people need to drop the soap before they believe prison is a horrible place.
                          That's one hell of an analogy. I couldn't top that with sixty years of complete concentration. I applaud you, good sir.

Comment

You read what I said in reverse.

I was saying if the moon landings were faked ...

Wouldn't you have stars in the background of a faked video? [since that is what people expect to see because of movies]
                            Oh yeah, I just saying reason as to why it was like that sorry if I repeated anything said in this thread before.

Comment

Working...
                            X