Why I Never Worry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Never Worry

About a week ago, as an aside, I added to one of my posts that I quit my shitty job and I'll find some other shitty job after I have gotten some serious engine developing time under my belt. This means that I am not even looking for a job at this moment.

I went to the store today to get some groceries and on my way back I saw someone I haven't seen in 20 years putting down the road in their convertible. I saw them, they saw me and this is exactly how the conversation went.

Steve: "Woooah, I haven't seen you in what... 20 years?"
    Me: "Yep, about that. How are ya'?"
    Steve:"I'm great. Hey, what are you doing these days?"
    Me:"As in work?"
    Steve:"Yeah."
    Me:"Nothing."
    Steve:"Where are you living?"
    Me:"3 blocks away." {points in general direction}
    Steve:"I own the Midway Pizza around the corner from you. Come in tomorrow if you want to work."
    Me:"Uhhh, OK."

I quit my shitty 4-miles-away job to get some engine time under my belt and roughly a week later I'm offered a probably shitty job 3 blocks from my house. Of course, I'm spoiled and to me 15 to 20 cash an hour is a shitty job. I realize that's not really a shitty job. Some version of this scenario has happened to me over and over and over throughout my entire responsible life. I just wish the cosmos would have given me 3 or 4 more weeks. I don't need or want a job yet. However, I'm not going to turn this down. The job was bestowed on me out of the blue for some reason. I tend to believe these things are a form of "cosmic guidance" (for lack of a less silly description).

You don't have to believe me but, I have known since Saturday that I was going to get a job today. Every time I think about all the engine developing I am going to do this week something deeper was telling me "Nope. Not gonna happen like you think." Even lastnight I was thinking about today and just knew my vacation was over. It was a good week though. I spent it with my girl and porting chunks of FTE to HaXe.

Edit:

You may be interested to know these facts
    I quit my shitty job because
    a) sick of going to the french quarter to work (I hate the quarter). Unlike probably most guys, I also hated the fact that my job was primarily spent in titty bars delivering food to whores. Not to mention the numerous fights I have been in in the last 6 months playing security for the shittiest dive in the quarter. Everything about the job was beneath me as far as I am concerned. I'm 41 years old, I don't care about your $1 priced private areas and punching people is just fucking my hands up.
    b) sick of having an absentee boss... making it impossible for me to shove my excellent work in his face and receive some form of advancement
    c) sick of relieving dog shit employees and correcting/finishing all their dog shit work

my new job
    a) is 3 blocks away
    b) Steve is definitely not an absentee boss and he is well aware of my skills. We worked together for years before he bought his own bar.
    c) I have a lot of confidence that Steve's employees are not dog shit. I just don't see it. 20 years ago I walked out of the kitchen into the dining room with a rag in my hand. Steve was only a bartender at this time. It was even a clean rag and he lost his shit over it "Why are you walking through the dining room with a dirty apron on and a rag in your hand!" If he is still like that we are gonna get along splendidly and he is going to pay me to be him or better. Otherwise I'll ditch him like everything else that is substandard and start over.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-28-2016, 03:40 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Respect others, and they will respect you.

be happy in your freedom, enjoy life, as it isnt free.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Aside from all your drama for being 41, Why do girls who work at titty bar's have to be whores? I use to work security details at a few local dance (strip) club's and majority of the women there have a family or are paying their own way through college, some do it to make ends meet. Don't get me wrong I know some of them are far from perfect and do "extra side jobs" for money out of the club but not all of them are whores.

$15-$20 an hour is not good pay? You call that shitty? For living in a shit hole of a state, Louisiana, I would think that is well above average.

Want better pay? Get out of LA and go somewhere else, You think I drive a rig over the road because FL has great paying jobs? Think again, FL sucks for pay though there are plenty of jobs. If I came home locally I couldn't make above $12-$13 an hour average driving a truck locally. Be lucky you are getting $15-$20 an hour because with the attitude you have, I don't think you will end up making it to a better paying job anytime soon especially with as much fighting as you apparently do, or should I say messing your hands up.

Ill end it with this, The standards you have in your mind are to high for A) the place you live, B) the jobs you work, C) all the whores you run into D) start over somewhere else and clean yourself up, I have faith in you!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        Respect others, and they will respect you.
        Sarcasm strikes again? You know as well as I do r00k, That statement is not true 100% of the time. No amount of respect will make everyone respect you back.

Comment

Working...
        X