No Internet Connection On Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Internet Connection On Phone

I'm posting this just in case it will help anyone else in the future. My internet has been down for the last 3 hours, probably due to all this storming. I was sitting here programming and an idea hit me. I had remembered seeing "preferred network mode" on my phone a long time ago. Obviously I didn't remember it that damn clear but, I had remembered seeing something to that gist. I searched around in settings and found it.

I switched it from lte/cdma to just cdma and voila internet service came right back. I'm assuming the lte service is down right now and for whatever reason it wasn't auto switching to cdma in the absence of lte.

My phone is also my hotspot so if it goes down I got nothin'. I have a hard time accepting things that I don't like. It pays off often.

While I'm at it I'll throw out another trick I learned a while back. I have Boost, I don't know if this applies to any other service provider. Boost has PRL updates (whatever the hell that is). If you have Boost and can't recieve a connection, updating the PRL usually fixes it. After you update the PRL you should update your profile as well. All of the settings can be found in settings/system updates. I would not recommend updating anything else in that list. I did once and it made my phone practically a brick. I had to flash my phone to fix it. Unlock UICC or whatever...don't fuckin click that.

Wow, wtf how did the pic come out so big? lol, whatever... my phone is nowhere near that big.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-01-2016, 08:57 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

I'm assuming the lte service is down right now and for whatever reason it wasn't auto switching to cdma in the absence of lte.
    Yeah, they do that.
    I have similar troubles in the Mortal Kombat X Mobile version app on my smartphone, where it just plain won't get a connection (from the app to the internet) even though my phone's data connection is working just fine-- and sometimes turning off WiFi and just using mobile data (temporarily) makes it able to get a connection out...

Wow, wtf how did the pic come out so big? lol, whatever... my phone is nowhere near that big.
    What's your screen resolution? Is it 1080x1920? Mine's 1920x1080 and so every screensot I take with my smartphone comes out way larger than I could ever actually see on the physical phone itself.
    These days they try to cram more pixels on a tiny phone screen than most people would even be able to discern (clarity-wise) in the first place.

I'm not understanding why I haven't seen this on my smartphone before either.
    I had an LG Nexus 5 and had that one so long, and fiddled with so many settings on it, that I'm sure I would have seen it if it were on there... but the new one... I don't know if I've maybe missed it if it is there?

Comment

@ what's my resolution

According to the specs online 400x800 lol. It's an old LG Optimus F3. I love it though cause it is indestructible. I have no case. I have dropped this phone numerous times on brick, cement, tile... I even droppd it in a sink full of dish water once. You can't kill it. The body has some dings but the screen doesn't even have a scratch.

Comment

It's an old LG Optimus F3. I love it though cause it is indestructible. I have no case. I have dropped this phone numerous times on brick, cement, tile... I even droppd it in a sink full of dish water once. You can't kill it. The body has some dings but the screen doesn't even have a scratch.
        ..fuck.
        I dropped my LG Nexus 5 one time on the cement stepway outside a first-level door, like 3 feet to the ground, and it cracked the screen.

Comment

Gorilla Glass by Corning. This phone has Gorilla Glass 2 but they are on like 4 or 5 now.

Comment

Working...
          X