Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugwump
    replied
    ...And he leaves on a H2G2 reference! Cool, though I would've said "thanks for all the fish count bugs" instead...

Amon, if you're reading this, thanks for the compliments. If you want more check the Soundcloud and IndabaMusic links on the Bandcamp page for remixes, also the recommendations: I'm featured on the two Byzant@Sunset releases.

I dipped a toe in your Bandcamp. I'm not much into chiptune music but I liked the composition of Mongrel Throne and I wish a less gamey version existed. I'll come back to listen to the rest.

Also, I agree with Dutch: your synopsis sounds like killer stuff!

Take care.

Leave a comment:

• Amon26
    replied
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
    Before I go, I want to hear your suggestions for the scariest, most disturbing quake maps you've ever played. I know Zerstorer, AD and Nehara. They don't necessarily have to be entire mission packs, individual maps are fine too.

For years, my idea for the quake mod was to create a stage where you find "Quake" is a weak and dying antigod sealed away by its own choosing. The four realms, a crucible built from the stolen hubris of mankind through time. Meant to lure in humans all of which have succumb to the insane truths of these realms. All besides you and one other human who you are then forced to fight.

When you win, you must decapitate the corpse and carry the head to an altar before a pure black slipgate framed by bloody metal. When the head is placed on the altar, the seal breaks open. Solid black tendrils peel out to drag you in. Satisfied with the voluntary surrender of you humanity, "Quake" dies. You dissolve into the void, reborn as the embryo of a new Quake.

Anyway, that's the kind of stuff that really interests me. An unknowable evil with ambitions impossible to comprehend. Building terrifying, rotting structures from debris stolen from realms it can never occupy. Forever starved, forever coveting.
    Badass.

It's a shame you didn't work for id when they made quake. I hope you incorporate this kind of creative thinking into whatever commercial projects you pursue.

Take care man.

Leave a comment:

• Amon26
    replied
    your music is really good BFG. Makes me think of stuff from einstruzende neubauten and throbbing gristle. My stuff is all over the map. Ambient, videogame, 80s pop, blues. Hope you find something you like in my work.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Not really, maybe if we had interacted more... As a fellow musician I'll check your Bandcamp. Mine is The ?uestion Mark, if you dig experimental electronic music influenced by dark ambient and industrial.

Farewell, man.

Leave a comment:

• Amon26
    replied
    Thank you BFG, Legend

It's almost Wednesday. Does anybody have any questions or anything to ask? About me? What I do/have done/whatever? Literally anything you want.

Leave a comment:

• Legend
    replied
    Shame to see you go. Thanks for your contributions.

I really enjoyed Au Sable, and All Our Friends Are Dead btw.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    5 Rivers Land, ARWOP, Warpspasm, Cataractnacon/Zeangala...

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @I want to hear your suggestions for the scariest, most disturbing quake maps you've ever played.

Everything I have ever made is pretty scary and disturbing but, not in the way you mean it.

Leave a comment:

• Amon26
    replied
    Before I go, I want to hear your suggestions for the scariest, most disturbing quake maps you've ever played. I know Zerstorer, AD and Nehara. They don't necessarily have to be entire mission packs, individual maps are fine too.

For years, my idea for the quake mod was to create a stage where you find "Quake" is a weak and dying antigod sealed away by its own choosing. The four realms, a crucible built from the stolen hubris of mankind through time. Meant to lure in humans all of which have succumb to the insane truths of these realms. All besides you and one other human who you are then forced to fight.

When you win, you must decapitate the corpse and carry the head to an altar before a pure black slipgate framed by bloody metal. When the head is placed on the altar, the seal breaks open. Solid black tendrils peel out to drag you in. Satisfied with the voluntary surrender of you humanity, "Quake" dies. You dissolve into the void, reborn as the embryo of a new Quake.

Anyway, that's the kind of stuff that really interests me. An unknowable evil with ambitions impossible to comprehend. Building terrifying, rotting structures from debris stolen from realms it can never occupy. Forever starved, forever coveting.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Warlock
    replied
    Farewell m8!

Leave a comment:

• Amon26
    replied
    Thanks Polarite, Nahuel, Omacknight
    btw, anyone mess with the junk in my mod at all?

Leave a comment:

• OMacKnight
    replied
    Glhf

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN4qT9x63UA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN4qT9x63UA[/ame]

we can be dramatic and put a song like this. But no!!! changes need to be happy ever! And when you have time, maybe you can give a little hand to qc (i thinc qc is good for the brain). My best wishes for you.

Leave a comment:

• Polarite
    replied
    Thanks for everything you did for quake !
    Take care and good luck in your professional work !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X