This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't ya miss it?

Man, I'm starting to really miss TLTQ and Singed. I miss the slide mod, I miss Chuck's movies and music "chuck parsons" (I have 2cd's burned of that). I miss the flame wars (hehe). I miss Monster being an HPB and kicking his ass (ROFL!!)!! I miss the Quote box, and I miss wido RQP (net-type seems to be missing someting, and ya I hate runes but RQP was cool). Another thing I miss was following the QMB project, hehe. Who here has seen QMB particles elery on when Joequake and Qrack didn't exist? I was useing QMV v.14 lol...
    I also missed being a total Quake junkie, Quakein 18/7 when there were more players around that wern't total newbs (aka surfer girl), owning everyone (usually) and I would, every day, take a 20 minute break as I was making a self-serve pizza, rofl...
    /reminisce
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Singed yes..
    TLTQ, dont make me slap you.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I miss TLTQ/Singed as well and Chuck's movie, music and strange creations. I also miss being in eSx and playing more and not being responsible for much. I also sort of liked it back when I knew just about every single player. There are other things I miss.

But what can you do, things change and get different. Back during the golden age of the TLTQ, around Christmas of 2003 I do remember missing Beatdown Alley and lithium hook Shmack/Marlinspike from 2002 and 2000.

I miss Diazoild and all of my ridiculously pathetic attempts to beat Gohan. There was a single time that I would have beat Gohan at FFA, but he disconnected/reconnected to the server to reset his frags (so I couldn't take a screenshot, which he knew I'd post).

Things change over time, I'm glad that a lot of the players I have known for years (Tia, Bam, Steve, IEEE, Lefty, Funkify, Yugo, Jackhole, Pita, Slot, Crazicracker, Zop and such are still around).

And I think you'll find you make "new" old friends. I didn't even know Mindz really until 2003 and he's one of my most valued Quake buds, but back then I was the new guy. And I didn't even know Yellow until about April of last year and now it feels like we've been friends a long time.

Yeah, things change but it's cool to meet tomorrow's "old friends", (Sniper, scar3crow, Sajt, Lardarse and some of the European players come to mind for me) and really although it now seems like I've known RocketGuy a long time, it's only been a few months since I've really known him well. Same goes true for Phenom, and I've only really known him well for a few months.

I guess things changing is part of life. But at least many of the TLTQ movies and demos are in the archive. Sometime I'll add some more stuff that IHATEHUMANS sent me and I have a broken laptop that has a lot of stuff on it.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
        Singed yes..
        TLTQ, dont make me slap you.
        Hehe, Mindzy says the bad days when he, me, Hydro and others had to go to war to defeat evil are fresh in his mind, heheh :d

If you ever want to see a REAL flame war -- like where people are actually intentionally being vicious and nasty and saying unbelievable sh*t, dig around in QuakeBoard from the few months prior to the end of the TLTQ.

Those last 8 or 9 months at the TLTQ had a lot of really nasty posts/threads. Almost a shame the site isn't around any more to re-read those.

When I returned to play back in 2005, I got very pissed off reading those threads at TLTQ seeing how several people were treated. It was f***ed up that a site would tolerate that or even worse condone it.
        Last edited by Baker; 07-27-2006, 02:04 AM.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Singed was one thing, but I miss Quake Terminus : (

QT was the first step in me getting into the current Quake community, without having served as an admin there for the short time I did, I would not have had the standing I do now.
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

I miss Quake Terminus too and miss Megazoid even more, although there are occasionally Megazoid sightings.

We initially had visions of this being a forum site almost exclusively dedicated to Quake Help/Downloads and Guides and regularly giving Megazoid some hot news for his site, an evil alliance. Megazoid liked the idea and gave me editor to announce projects we did (xCTF, texture stuff, Qrack) and the site launch (which was supposed to be June 2005).

Steve (Solecord) had ironically won one of Megazoid's contests earlier in 2005, we all thought that was a little ironic.

But this site took a lot longer to get up and running than we had thought and around October of last year, I honestly never thought it would happen. (The closure of Singed.Net was a major wake-up call).

And by the time this site did go up, Megazoid was getting ready to hang up the hat. So we do a lot more news than we had ever planned on doing.

Megazoid really put a ton of effort into Quake Terminus over the years, it seemed like it had been around forever. The amount of content at Quake Terminus in the various sections is astronomical.

Sometime someone ought to interview Megazoid. He explained the naming of the Quake Terminus, the origins and how it was more successful than he thought it would be. I bet he never dreamt of all the work and detail that he would eventually put into Quake Terminus, it has more content beneath the surface if you dig around than any site by far.

I kind of was AFK from Quake from October to March so I don't know too much about what went on in the Quake Terminus forums during that period of time, but I was always in love with the site.

Comment

Lawl, I forgot about Singed :-/ QT was the shiznit. I'd go there almost everyday I played quake (when I came back into it). I enjoyed participating in the contests that were held as well as trying out the mods. He even posted one of my early versions of DualWeapons in the config section

I miss Trinicom more than I miss Singed. Mainly because Trinicom had a messed up hook speed (it would drag you) and it was ctf which was cool. I see ctf servers now with fast hook and can't ignore the fact that it destroys the whole purpose of bunnyhopping and rocketjumping.

Sometimes I missed FvF. Either I was banned from it or it was down for a while. I'd always want to come back just to relive some of it. But that's the past now and I'm fairly disgusted by the whole "admin power happy/ass raping" theme in it now.

It's good to remember but it's also better to move on and make things better.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                Sometime someone ought to interview Megazoid.
                I may, seeing as his site had so much to do with me and the Quake community in general, it'd be an honour to say the least. He does frequent Rome.ro, so it wouldnt be hard to find him.
                Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                Sometimes I missed FvF. Either I was banned from it or it was down for a while. I'd always want to come back just to relive some of it. But that's the past now and I'm fairly disgusted by the whole "admin power happy/ass raping" theme in it now.
                Gunter HAS taken a lot of the fun out of FvF by ruining the runs we'd had once. It's far too complicated now with funky colours and out-of-place things. (Although FvF in its intirety is out of place)

Comment

I miss the oldschool players, not the newbies who use to play 1-4 years ago but when I first really got into Quake. There were some awesome people many of which lived in the same city and alot of us use to hang out.

Just to name a few

Hermitis (Alaska's #1 Quake player)
                  Kirby (#3 I think)
                  Venture (#2)
                  Mike NH (Lived acouple blocks away from my house)
                  Lynn
                  Queen of Clucks a.k.a Phill (This guy was a trip!)
                  Kaliber(Even though it ended in destruction )
                  Akira_KJ

I personally knew all these people and alot of them in the list use to hang out

But that was in 1996-1999 & now its 2006 and Quake just isn't the same. It use to be souly about having fun killing your friends and KNOWING they didn't cheat because you were always having lan parties and partyin.

For me Quake isn't and never will be the same since 1996-1999.
                  Last edited by Phenom; 07-27-2006, 03:48 PM.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
                    For me Quak isn't and never will be the same since 1996-1999.
                    Don't worry Phenom, I have plans to change it Nothing beats regular Quake LAN, that's a fact. That was when Wind Tunnels was cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                      Gunter HAS taken a lot of the fun out of FvF by ruining the runs we'd had once. It's far too complicated now with funky colours and out-of-place things. (Although FvF in its intirety is out of place)
                      What exactly do you mean? Are you saying that Gunter in general ruined the FvF experience with new stuff? Would you have preferred FvF stayed the same way it was before, just plain shareware FvF with nothing new? Or is it maybe Gunter has gotten out of hand with his power, such as ass raping and all that?

Comment

Originally posted by ORL
                        Are you saying that Gunter in general ruined the FvF experience with new stuff? Would you have preferred FvF stayed the same way it was before, just plain shareware FvF with nothing new? Or is it maybe Gunter has gotten out of hand with his power, such as ass raping and all that?
                        Yes, yes, and yes. The last one doesnt really bother me, but it's become purely a novelty and takes away from gameplay.

Comment

Gunter has always been an abusive admin. I once spent a whole 6 months of him teleporting me in random locations even when I didn't want that to happen. My opinions change on people and right now I've had enough of servequake and gunter.

Comment

This is for all the people who have played at FvF and feels something should be done. Visit this thread over at the FvF boards and speak your mind!

http://www.industrialdream.po.gs/fvf...topic.php?t=42

Comment

Gunter never did anything bad to me.... Seems a fair and honest guy... I would let him have Admin of course...

Comment

Working...
                              X