Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ o | O ]

http://qexpo.quakedev.com/booth.php?id=55&page=173

RPG: So, did you ever consider a job in the games industry? With all the different things you did on Nehahra, it seems like you could get in there doing one job or another.

Mindcrime: I have always been a hobbyist. The good thing about hobbyists is you continue to do it for the love, only the love of the thing, you know. I know quite a few folks who found jobs in the gaming industry in the past 5 years

Mindcrime: and they're all jaded. It's work now. Nonetheless, no, I have never had aspirations to work in the gaming industry.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Being myself single employee of a single boss (myself) since more than 20 years now, I totally get Mindcrime's sayings.
    As well as hobby vs work. It's usually passion vs money as the main motivation.
    Otoh, based on passion, your work never really bring food for your belly.
    Usual needs to earn your life interfere all the time. That's the main reason why it takes so long to complete such projects.
    That's also why all hobbyartists in general - custom cpu games creators particularly - deserve a huge heap of respect and support for their incredible dedication and generosity!
    Withdraw is a logical and unavoidable choice at some point. Nothing but praise should go along with such a decision...

Comment

Same with writing, Once your hobby becomes a job it seems to take away from what you enjoy because you are now under time constraints which were not there prior. The joy leaves as it becomes a P.I.T.A. and a redundant task. Although some people do quite well turning their hobbys into jobs. Others are not so fortunate. Me? I'm still a lost child who can't decide to turn left or right.
      www.Net-Tyme.com
      Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
      Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Working...
      X