A good wife should...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good wife should...

Now, all you "good wives" out there, know your place!

I didn't mark up this pic originally, it's the way I received it. This is an oldie but goodie.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Actually, that was probably some very good advice back then. Didn't every man have a shitty job back then?

If you watch movies from the 1940's and 1950's, everyone drank and smoked non-stop.

Which reminds me of something. Back in the 1980's, you heard a lot of things about alcoholics and it seemed like every adult knew 10 of them.

I don't even know anyone that knows someone that is an alcoholic. Is it just me or are there no almost none compared to back then?

Is it that things don't suck as much? Is it that instead of being addicted to alcohol people are addicted to the internet?

Once upon a time, people had to "work". Now people just have jobs and they aren't hard, unless you are in 3rd world country.

Maybe I'm all wrong about this.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Actually, my grandfather who is 89 talks about him and his dad working in the iron plant. He would speak of the molten metal in huge containers.

I also know of a good bit of coal mining that took place. So yea, work back then sucked.

Alcoholics?? Still goes on today, you just don't hear of it as much as the internet things that take place. I can conclude, as far as I see it, you are right on.

Comment

I've always worked for a company that deals in sales. Liquid lunches were always a requirement for our sales department and you were expected to give the customers what they wanted. The company I worked for when drinking had started to become taboo opted to offer a rehab for anyone needing it as they sent me through all of the cabinets to empty all the bottles that were within the facility. If you did not stop drinking during working hours you had the option to attend the rehab or look for another job. What a shock that was within a week of Yes.. It's ok we encourage it to .. Do so at your own risk.

Now Grim.. you know that is such a pipe dream all of those little underlines and circles you did there!!
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
          Now Grim.. you know that is such a pipe dream all of those little underlines and circles you did there!!
          Um, uh... uh...um...

/sweats

Comment

I know several alcoholics, ranging in age from 20 to 60.
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

A good wife should...
              ...be a better friend
              16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
              16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Oy. I hear Robbie Robot yelling.. DANGER...DANGER...
                www.Net-Tyme.com
                Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Beer is all you need heehehe

Comment

I was raised by parents who were always 40 years older than I was, and grew up hearing a lot about how things used to be done. It was interesting to hear, but even more interesting to contrast to today. My father always used to smoke cigars, not for any particular purpose, but because it was almost expected. Things were very DADT during the 40s and 50s, because it was only a choice few (The feminist, gay, and black movements) that eventually stood up to ask a few questions.

Today, not a minute goes by where something isnt being questioned. Political correctness has gone too far, but a world without it isnt a solution either. Take fairy tales, I grew up hearing the Little Red Riding Hood story ending with "And the knight sliced off the wolf's head." Today; suddenly, the original ending cannot be used!

If you're looking to see 50s Revolution America, look at India. There, women still "have their place."
                    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Working...
                    X