GAIM went KaPlunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAIM went KaPlunk

GAIM is crapping out on me tonight. Something about a dll mismatch, I dunno. I'll try to fix it but I guess I'm not going to be online for a while (@home).

gaim crashed the first 2 times i tried to launch it today, then started the 3rd time and has been running shitty.
    uakene.com

Comment

GAIM is for pooptards. Use Trillian.

Comment

Trillian is full of extra crap. Use Miranda.
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

hrmm my Trillian came with a IM client and that's it. What extra crap do you refer to? lol

Comment

I liked GAIM because it was simple and not flashy, but then it decided to go BLEEEURRRG on me LONG before it did for Canadian. I used Trillian and found it just a lot of extra crap tacked on a simple IM client. So I cut out the middleman. Miranda is literally JUST an IM client, which I enjoy.

Comment

WTF is this extra crap loaded in Trillian? All I see is an IM client with different plugins for the different IM services. I'm confuzzled. There's no bloat in Trillian. I downloaded a custom skin for Trillian which makes it look this:

The default skin from Trillian is horrid.

Comment

Hell, navigating the options menu takes you through a maze. I like to plug in my various protocols and be ready to go off the bat.

Comment

Sole only has 12 buddies Time for me to look like a douche

Comment

Once Gmail added an IM client within the mail client.. I switched to that. I can get my email and IM's all in the same place. I can save the ones I want to keep and store them in folders. I've used Aim, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo..Gaim, and Trillian.. Not anymore.. Tired of updates that kill my Trillian and Gaim seemed like a bloated hog. If you don't have a Gmail and would like one.. PM me an email address and I will send the option to you. Although.. you would have to open Aim or something to transfer files..
                    www.Net-Tyme.com
                    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Weird ... my GAIM is getting illegal operations and crashing. Just started today.

Maybe one of the IM services altered a protocol or something.

Update: yeah this basically what happened

Originally posted by GAIM homepage
                      Yesterday, Gaim started crashing for a bunch of people (most notably Windows users) when trying to connect a MSN account. This is due to a bug in Gaim which has been fixed in subversion (don't use subversion), and we're working on releasing a fix. We'll keep you updated. In the meantime, feel free to commiserate with your fellow MSN-using Wingaim users.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yea i figured it was MSN. I cancelled all my other accounts and tried MSN and it still crashed. I didn't bother trying another different protocal

But Gaim didn't work on my desktop home computer this morning, yet this GAIM on my work laptop works fine...

oh well STUPID MSN AND THEIR "SMART" UPDATES

Comment

Use original AIM and Yahoo . You can't voice chat with other AIM or Yahoo users when using GAIM or Trillian. IDK about miranda though.

Comment

Working...
                          X