Poll: Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Motivation

Just a fun poll. For some reason, this week I've felt a little lacking in the motivation department. It always happens when I am impatient and wish I had things completed rather than actually finishing them

There are 2 competing philosophies about human motivation. One is that the only reason humans do good deeds or help people is "for a reason" (no!). The other philosophy is that is something instinctual or an inherent characteristic of most life forms and humans as well (yes!).

If you take the (faulty) "for a reason" point-of-view about motivation and convert it into end goals, what do you want out of life?

The choices:

Life of Fame

You want attention and others to acknowledge your superior contributions to society and everyone, or at least many people, to know your name. You want to be remember for thousands of years like Julius Caesar and William Shakespeare!

Life of Knowledge

You want to experience it all and see it all. You want to understand everything and see both the big picture and separate smaller little pictures from many points of view. You want answers to the tough questions about the world, history and the universe at large!

Life of Leisure

You want to live the easy life. You want to enjoy life to the fullest and to be entertained. Eat, drink, and be merry. And you want to do as little as possible to achieve this goal!

Life of Making a Difference

You want to change the world, where and when it is possible. You want to help build a better tomorrow and your value to this is measured by whether or not one is making a difference or supporting the status quo. You do not wish to be just another cog in the machine, you wish to be part of the disruptive force of change!

Life of Power

You know what is best for the world and it is important that you have control and others at your command so you can make it so. Leadership has its perks and for those that get in the way, well, they'll just have to deal with the fact they are on the wrong team!

Life of Productivity

You view that life is measured by what you do and how much action you can pack into your life. Achievement is important, getting things done is important. Leisure time is time wasted, sleep is for the lazy. You will rest when the job is done. Action is where it is at!

Life of Wealth

You want to horde stuff, have things and own stuff. You want a surplus of zeros in the numbers in your bank account. The best and fastest measuring stick of the the value of someone's talents is the size of their wallet, what kind of car they drive and what neighborhood they live in!

I Just Want A Beer

I'm not so sure what to think about all of that stuff. Hey! While you are over there, can you get me another beer?
    Life of Fame
    6.25%
    Life of Knowledge
    43.75%
    Life of Leisure
    0.00%
    Life of Making a Difference
    12.50%
    Life of Power
    6.25%
    Life of Productivity
    0.00%
    Life of Wealth
    6.25%
    I just want a beer!
    25.00%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I chose "Life of Making a Difference"

I've always wanted to be some kind of hero, so I try to do anything I can for others. This includes going out of my way for someone else, to being an organ donor, and being a frequent blood donor.

I always think that every little thing I do helps.

Comment

I chose Knowledge even though I mask it in these forums.

Comment

Gimmie a beer. Preferrably Leininkugel's Red or MGD.

Comment

Rrroooaaaarrghghgghhg !!!

Life Of Power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
            I chose Knowledge even though I mask it in these forums.
            That's the most fun one. Especially with the internet and Wikipedia is a really nice jumping point for even the most obscure subjects.

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
            This includes going out of my way for someone else, to being an organ donor ...
            You mean the organ donor on your driver's license thing, right?
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Fame. Isnt it obvious?
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

knowledge here. I am always trying to outsmart dumb people.

You always have to be one step ahead of them you know... Or else there'll be no one to think that you're a smart person

Comment

since this is a 'make a choice' thing, i chose Knowledge becouse it fits my personality best, but tbh its a bit of all these options most of the time, depending on the circumstances.. and allthough i just woke up, get me a beer while ur at it. (and be quick about it )

Comment

Originally posted by evilmegaman View Post
                    knowledge here. I am always trying to outsmart dumb people.
                    Outsmarting dumb people will only take you so far. Outsmarting smart people will take you to the universe

Comment

C*S and Bank are so smart, they watch eachother watch eachother watching eachother!
                      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

It's true

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post

You mean the organ donor on your driver's license thing, right?
                          Yeah, that's what I meant.

Comment

I chose knowledge.

Knowledge is power.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                            X