Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew it was a space station so I Googled to find the name

Comment

Again, after browsing some science sites I came across some news articles talking about how scientists have redefined what a planet is and the new classification would create 3 more planets in our solar system, one of which would be Ceres, an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter.

Is that correct?

Comment

My guess is #2 is a photo of an extra-solar planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
          I knew it was a space station so I Googled to find the name
          heheh

Again, after browsing some science sites I came across some news articles talking about how scientists have redefined what a planet is and the new classification would create 3 more planets in our solar system, one of which would be Ceres, an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter.

Is that correct?
          Correct! Ceres is the largest asteroid and it's about 1000 km wide, which is pretty big.

Originally posted by gulliver-trans View Post
          My guess is #2 is a photo of an extra-solar planet.
          Correct! It is the only photo we have of a planet outside the solar system. They think object B is a big gas giant like Jupiter in a close orbit.

I can't remember how they got the photo, but it was due to some peculiar circumstance.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

BTW, this is a neat topic. It'd be cool if someone spent some time to post small quizzes like this every once in awhile - on any topic. I've always been interested in Astronomy and space so this just reminds me of when I had the class in College

Comment

Same here, I had an astronomy class. That's why I had seen that Venus picture before (but had to think about the class to remember which planet it was)

Comment

BTW, this is a neat topic. It'd be cool if someone spent some time to post small quizzes like this every once in awhile - on any topic. I've always been interested in Astronomy and space so this just reminds me of when I had the class in College
                Yeah, I'd like to see more people post quiz or stuff like DeathKnight did with the riddles.

/ Note: Question #4 remains unanswered
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

the detailed info on #3 would have been no problem if I used Google (which I considered cheating)

I think #4 might be a shot from the Hubble teleskop. No idea what though. Looks like a long-exposure photo.
                  Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                    the detailed info on #3 would have been no problem if I used Google (which I considered cheating)
                    I consider yours the correct answer for #3. When I was thinking about the questions, I considered Google fair game so I tried to structure it in such a way that it would still be very difficult.

I think #4 might be a shot from the Hubble teleskop. No idea what though. Looks like a long-exposure photo.
                    Incorrect

Comment

For my answers I came up with, I only used Google to determine detailed information, like names. I didn't use Google to try to find the answer directly. i.e. I didn't copy/paste the question in. I knew what I was looking for.

Like for that asteroid/moon question I really didn't know that one. I was looking for the name of a moon of Pluto and Uranus and that page came up somehow.

Comment

I didn't meant to impute(?) that!
                        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

One of the satellites of Saturn?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

The Correct Answers-

The Snake Giant of the Cobra Nebula

The Cataclysm of Coral Snakes

The Snake of Mars

The Snake Ring around Skylab

Snakes: On a Hubble

The Snake-Moon (Smoon) of Germany

The Snake of Phobos

Dont know, but that is a giant muthafuckin snake

The Surface Snakes of Venus

So there.
                            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Is #4 a ring around uranus?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim
                                One of the satellites of Saturn?
                                It isn't

Originally posted by gulliver-trans View Post
                                Is #4 a ring around uranus?
                                It isn't

Hint: It isn't a picture of something wacky or obscure.

/ nice snakography, Bank

Comment

Working...
                                X