My website/Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My website/Project

Check it out. Don't diss my plan and tell me it will fail I've heard it enough.
    http://40k-eternalwar.em1.net

Do you have a team/experience/funding/engine/etc?

Sorry but maybe the reason people are dissing your work is that it's just another "I HAVE A PROJECT LOOK AT IT LOLZ"

I've been a part of/initiated several failed projects, and I felt exactally the way you do right now.

Making a mod alone takes an obscene amount of time and experience, making a game outside of a Text-adventure from the ground up is outrageously difficult.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Keep up the good work Mantan

I wouldn't pay much attention to non-constructive criticism of your goals, even if most projects don't get completed (and they don't) it doesn't mean you can't learn from it.

Success projects are often built upon several learning experiences.

But ... like Bank said, building a mod from the ground up is nearly impossible.

Either way, keep up the effort
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post

But ... like Bank said, building a mod from the ground up is nearly impossible.
        Not mod, game.

Mods usually get finished, but looking at the site (no offense Mantan) all I really see is speculation. You need an experienced team, time to work on it (basically you'd need every week clear of all work excluding the game for about 8 months minimum), and funding.

You may wish to consider trying a smaller project with your team to see if you can even do that before attempting such a widescale project.

Comment

Go for it Mantan. I've tried making my own game engine and game from the ground up a time or two, but of course never "finished" the projects. But even if you don't finish it's still a very good learning process. You will learn more about game programming than you ever knew existed.

Comment

I'm not looking to finsh this within a year, or even two years so.... yeah....

I'm not actually sure how long it willl take, but this going to be a long project.
            A VERY LONG AND DIFFICULT PROJECT.

Comment

I wish you well on your endeavor. The only thing I can suggest is that you need to be more concise on the information you provide on your site.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Concise like how?

Comment

I agree with Grim, it's a little "well we'll uh...." and not the most professional thing I can think of. That's not a problem now because you're in the planning/preliminary stages, but you need to get your Team together first. There's nothing that I personally hate more than projects where people say "HEY YOU GUYS SHOULD DO THIS BECAUSE IT SOUNDS COOL TO ME AND I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH WORK IT WILL TAKE SO YOU DO IT LOL"

What exactally would your position be for the project?

Comment

"other various stuff"
                    "helps around with various stuff"
                    "doing various stuff that is as of yet unnamed"
                    "all that great stuff"
                    "No Programming language has been selected."
                    "gallery of finished stuff"
                    *edit*
                    Last edited by Grim; 08-28-2006, 02:19 PM. Reason: Busy at work, so I slammed it in real quick.

Comment

I'm doing animation and maybe programming. I also am the one who has the whole "plan".

And Grim, just for your information. The fact of the matter is, I don't have much to be concise on yet. I'll be sure to be more concise when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantan View Post
                        And Grim, just for your information. The fact of the matter is, I don't have much to be concise on yet. I'll be sure to be more concise when I can.
                        I'm not trying to be a ****. Just by removing those elements alone will improve your site. Leave nothing to question.

Comment

ok... well thanx then....

Comment

uhm.... just a bit of an FYI, using a a special technique in blender I can make all the 3d models in like 50% of the time.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender...e_into_a_Puppy

Comment

Working...
                            X