No announcement yet.

16-Bit CONSOLE WAR'S !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allow me to go off topic.. consoles just suck.. why? couse controlers suck.. who came up with the idea to control a game with ur thumbs only? u got 10 fingers so why not use them all.. ah well gues not everyone is a pianist..

Comment

I agree! CONSULES DO SUCK

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
        allow me to go off topic.. consoles just suck.. why? couse controlers suck.. who came up with the idea to control a game with ur thumbs only? u got 10 fingers so why not use them all.. ah well gues not everyone is a pianist..
        I'm sorry but that's a very, very weak arguement.

You have to give the developers credit for figuring out all this stuff in the first place....

Sure, the SNES and Genesis controllers began with thumbs only, but the rest of the hand HELD the controller:

But you forgot something....

The SNES controller ALSO used the index fingers, not just the thumbs. (No offense, Genesis players)

But then the controllers just got more and more advanced, using as many of the fingers as possible while the controller could still be held:

The N64 controller, also had a button on the middle handle that the index finger could hit.

The PS2 controller, has two buttons that the index and middle fingers can hit.

And so on and so on.

So your arguement is that consoles suck because of the controller, but you only mentioned one era of controllers. Do you think differently of the N64, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube....?

And don't forget something - without thumbs, the hand would be practically useless.

Comment

Console - 4-6 fingers to hold the controller, 4-6 to press buttons
          Computer - 3 fingers to hold mouse, 7 to press buttons

I guess if I was a keyboarder, I'd use all 10.

Comment

Console: 20 buttons (ish)
            Computer: 100 buttons + mouse
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Controllers are great for their respective area's of use. Console vs PC is pretty pointless , as many console's are aimed at a broader spectrum of generations of players,where as a PC you to be more savvy with what needs to be done to play a game on a PC. (installing,configuring) where as a console is pretty much load&go
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                I agree! CONSULES DO SUCK
                Why do "consules" suck?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

well i agree that the latest consoles like the xbox 360 are getting more usefull.. and since HDTV is here the visuals are getting up to pc standard.. but then again the xbox 360 is bassically a simplified pc (that is.. less fuss more load&go)

the only upside of a console is having fun with ur mates (that is, sitting in the same room drinking beer and playing some silly game) but whoever takes a game a bit more serious and likes to compete will drop the controler and grab for a more suitable way to control their game (keyboard/nostromo & mouse/trackball etc..)

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                    owned

Comment

Working...
                    X