Kickboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickboxing

I typically don't get into sports. My brother sent me this clip. 48 wins, 9 losses, 38 KOs.

Iron Mike Zimbidis. I think he's only 5'6". He's a pretty good fighter. You'll have to forward almost 1/3 to get to the highlights. Just thought I'd share.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42971548051267

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

The smaller guys are usually the better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
      The smaller guys are usually the better fighters.
      It's true, in today's age a quick fighter is far deadlier than a heavy-strong one. A boxing match is about the small jabs, not the power-punch at the end (as many video games would have you believe)
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Bank View Post
        It's true, in today's age a quick fighter is far deadlier than a heavy-strong one. A boxing match is about the small jabs, not the power-punch at the end (as many video games would have you believe)
        Not about kick boxing per se, but as a general rule of thumb a larger fighter will win not based on size, although that it is a factor, but on reach.

A big guy has longer arms and legs and has a range advantage, which is why George Foreman, despite being very old, was actually able to box again in 1990's and win a fair amount of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman

A small guy typically has no chance against a large guy -- all other things being equal -- because the small guy can't even land a blow.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          A small guy typically has no chance against a large guy -- all other things being equal -- because the small guy can't even land a blow.
          You've never been in a fight have you?

Small guys dominate larger guys because a larger guy will be slower to punch. But it's really about who can land the first punch faster, and that's the smaller, lighter guy.

But it's irrelevant.
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

I've been in lots of real fights on the street and in highschool. I was once in a small gang that was rough. I can strongly say that it's the smaller people that will have you knocked face first to the ground in a matter of seconds if you underestimate them.

Comment

Working...
            X