No announcement yet.

What does Canadian*Sniper do at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Canadian*Sniper do at night?

Well usually I sleep, play the boyfriend role, and/or drink.

I've just been getting over a cold and I have Buckleys to thank for that. I also have to thank that drug for keeping me awake tonight. No way I'm going to get any sleep with my heart racing.

At least I'm feeling better

Now to business. My friend made an interesting blog post in wihe. The Colorado Avalanche (NHL) stadium is hosting a poll on what song to play for each home victory. Being a Canuck fan, I want have a say in that. (Well my friend does too but I'm the one who made the difference.) Apparantly whenever you refresh THIS page, the vote still gets counted. This leads to an endless supply of votes.

I first started off with the manual way. I calculated that it took around 120 clicks to increment the % for the song (it started as 7% and there was a total of around 25000 votes).

Then I ask some friends in europe (since it's morning for them) to lend me a hand. We got to 17%. I realised I would have to go to drastic measures.

I made a small flash program that runs this script 6 times in a second:

Code:
    getURL("http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/fanconnect/SongResults.asp?AID=853&QID=213", _parent);

gotoAndPlay(1);
    I ran this for 40 minutes (I was trying to sleep but couldn't so I got up and checked the progress). The total number of votes is now 52886 and the song went from 17% to 40%. WOOT!

So that's what I accomplished tonight; messing with other people's stuff

PS - Colorado just got OWNED by the Vancouver Canucks!!!
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 10-01-2006, 05:39 AM.

Hax! !!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
      PS - Colorado just got OWNED by the Vancouver Canucks!!!
      woooo
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

hmmm it seems I'm not the only one running scripts to cheat the poll...

Well that doesn't matter, I've done my part.

Comment

eh?? eh?? eh??
          thanks for letting the quake community how retarded some canadians can be!
          (Setting up a poll that can be manipulated like that)

Go Canada! rofl
          no pun intended to Jeff and Larry
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

If no one did stupid things then there would be no good stories to be tell! Besides, I had nothing better to do. Sleep wasn't an option at the time.

Comment

Mind wrote:

thanks for letting the quake community how retarded some canadians can be!
              Don't difamate people from other countries Canadians and Canada are nice.

Comment

Working...
              X